Material Handler Part-TimeApply Job ID 25149 Date posted Jan. 23, 2023 Location Sussex, Wisconsin
Descriptions & Qualifications – External
Material Handler (Forklift Driver) Part-time, Sussex, WI
Quad is currently hiring Essential Workers who want to make a difference - Imagine more than you have today. Your career starts here. Be greater than you thought possible and reap the rewards of your success and growth. We are in the business of developing people. Promotions are based on your performance – You are in charge of your career!
At Quad entry-level wages for part-time start between $16.00 - $17.00/hr. depending on experience. You have immediate opportunities to advance – driving you to be better than yesterday. As your career progresses, there are multiple upward paths available, as we are continuously looking for our next group of leaders to excel within the organization.
One of Quad’s largest mega plants and world headquarters is located in Sussex, WI. Sussex has been rated one of the “Best Places to Raise Kids” and is one of the top school systems in Southeastern Wisconsin. Sussex has outstanding parks, trails, and golf courses and is nestled in between the two largest cities in the state, Milwaukee, and Madison.
The Sussex plant is just over 1.7 million square feet in size, CLIMATE CONTROLLED, and home to innovative equipment and technology. Our employees and their families have access to a nearby medical clinic, and onsite fitness center, as well as many recreational outdoor activities like sand volleyball, baseball, and basketball courts which are free for employees and their families to enjoy. We offer competitive pay, health, dental, pharmacy, and life insurance, 401k, vacation, and other great benefits.
Quad is a Wisconsin-based company, which is among the largest magazine and direct-mail printers in the U.S. Our company leverages its strong print foundation as part of a much larger, robust integrated marketing services platform that helps marketers and content creators improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their marketing spend across offline and online media channels.
Quad is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, customers, and communities. We follow CDC and local health authorities, and federal and state governments along with best practices and recommendations from our healthcare subsidiary, QuadMed.
BE YOUR OWN SUCCESS STORY. BE SOMETHING GREATER. BE QUAD.
Material Handler Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Remove the product from the end of the printing press or finishing machine.
- Work with loose and/or completed products by stacking them onto pallets, transferring them to tables & placing them into a collator hopper or into mail bags.
- Move product/skids with a hand jack, motorized Raymond (Big Joe) lift, or Forklift (training provided).
- Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations.
- Effectively communicate with team members.
- Assist other crew members with various duties including webbing up of the press and/or unique handwork in order to meet customer requests.
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Printing, factory, or other mechanical work experience is a plus
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to write and read measurements.
- Ability to read, understand and follow both written and verbal instructions.
- The ability to use a computer/manipulate touch screens
- The ability to use repetitive hand/wrist movement
- Ability to lift stacks of end boards or banding strap rolls (30 -60lbs) as needed
- The ability to take stacks of loose signatures or bundles ranging (from 5-30 lbs.) off a pallet or conveyor up to 48” in height and transfer them to the tabletop work surface 42”, and then place them into a collator hopper or mail bags that potentially weigh from 5-75 lbs.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize job needs.
- Ability to be a collaborator in a fast-paced, detail-orientated production environment.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
12-hour shifts – (day, night, and weekend shifts available) - (7 a.m. – 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.); minimally working one shift per week with no maximum amount of shifts you can request per week
*shorter/customized shifts are available by request; please discuss during an onsite interview with the manager
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.