Medical Billing SpecialistApply Job ID 18256 Date posted Nov. 13, 2020 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
QuadMed is seeking a detail oriented Billing Specialist to join our team in Sussex, WI. Reports directly into the Revenue Cycle Supervisor and is responsible for working in our EMR alongside our billing team to help manage claim edits and errors, and resubmissions to our TPA’s on behalf of our clients. The billing specialist will handle inbound calls to accept payments and answer all billing questions, while providing outstanding customer service to the patient.
- Assesses claims to verify correct billing
- Completes assigned systematic checks to ensure all billable claims are transmitted and processed in a timely manor
- Post remits from third party payers
- Verifies all systems are balanced at the end of the date of service
- Corrects, both preemptively and post submission upon denial or rejection, claims errors
- Follows up on unpaid claims within the standard revenue cycle timeframe
- Works collaboratively with management to identify system and TPA issues to evaluate trends
- Maintains a solid understanding of current medical billing rules, laws and regulations
- Minimum 2 years medical billing experience, and a background in EPIC required
- A working knowledge of; current medical billing, coding and collections rules and requirements, ability to work in a team environment, efficiently, and accurately, a strong understanding of healthcare compliance to regulations including HIPAA, OIG, and AMA rules and guidelines.
- High school diploma required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Certified Billing Professional (CBP) preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion
- A working knowledge of insurance guidelines
- Effective communication skills
- Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.