Medical Director - SUDApply Job ID 19117 Date posted Mar. 29, 2021 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
The Provider Medical Director (PMD) is a provider with excellent clinical skills and outcomes, including patient engagement, who is committed to continuous quality improvement. The PMD has primary accountability for the clinical quality of those providers whom they are assigned to, in collaboration with the Sr. Client Medical Director (Sr. CMD). The PMD must have critical thinking skills to embrace, analyze and act on data. As a people leader, the PMD must be able to partner the aforementioned skills with the capacity teach to other providers, and be comfortable with critical conversations. The PMD serves as a champion for initiatives for achieving clinical quality targets.
The Provider Medical Director may assume the role of Oversight Physician to support nurse practitioners and physician assistants as applicable.
As a QuadMed employee, in partnership with the client, the PMD will be utilized in presenting and speaking to client as a QM leader.
This role will require a 1 hour a month committment at our Sussex, WI Clinic.
- Provides guidance on professional development and clinical quality improvement to those providers under his/her supervision; this may include Locum/temporary providers, as needed and assigned within the areas of their respective Sr. CMD
- Monitors patient satisfaction reports and results utilizing the current survey data system and develop plans by which QuadMed physicians can contribute to improvement of patient satisfaction with clinical services in QuadMed’ s health care facilities, together with Human Resources and Manager of Clinical Operations
- Monitors Operations Scorecard, Performance Metrics and Clinical Dashboards for their providers
- Assists operations in people management, including interviewing and disciplinary actions for Physicians and Mid-Level Providers as well as staffing requirements at the clinic level
- Works in partnership with Supervising Physicians (AKA oversight providers) in executing their principal duties and responsibilities
- Partners with operations, to offer subject matter expert (SME) on understanding/adherence to care standards and clinic guidelines; their clinical assessment utilizing quality benchmarks and metrics of the provider will be sought by the supervisor in creating performance reviews
- Participates in RFP (request for proposal) and new client acquisition
- Partnering with Quality coding and documentation support, ensures providers adhere to QuadMed procedures regarding patient documentation, including the use of EMR and related systems
- Acts with dyad with operations on provider issues
- Medical degree (MD or DO) or advanced certification (NP or PA) in good standing with the State
- Board certified in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine if applicable
- Minimum of 5 years of primary care practice required
- Minimum of 2years of experience supervising required
- Experience training or mentoring advanced practice professionals preferred
- Leadership experience managing other providers preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Licensed by State to practice medicine
- Current CPR (BLS) certification required
- Work Quality
- Continuous Improvement
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Job Knowledge/Responsibilities
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Patient Care & Quality
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more!
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.