PRN Pharmacy Technician - Bonus EligibleApply Job ID 14610 Date posted Jul. 25, 2019 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
- Assist in the preparation of prescriptions including entering patient information (demographics, drug allergies and pharmaceutical history) and prescription orders into the pharmacy system for processing
- Assist pharmacist in filling prescriptions by pulling stock, pouring, counting, restocking, packaging, labeling and pricing the prescription
- Provide excellent customer service by greeting customers as they enter the pharmacy, keeping the pharmacy clean and inviting, and answering the phone in a courteous manner
- Assist pharmacist in the preparation, reconciliation and billing of third party insurance claims and in the re-billing of rejected third party claims
- Assist in checking and removing out-of-date product as instructed by the pharmacist
- Order, receive, rotate and store product to assure quality controls
- Reconcile daily merchandise orders
- Maintain confidentiality in compliance of federal HIPAA regulations
- Organize and file records
- Maintain all product labels, signs and prices aligned with product
- Keep work area clean, orderly and free from safety hazards; report hazards to the pharmacist or manager
- Operate the cashier terminal and the credit card machine when checking our customers; collect proper payment for merchandise
- Repack and consolidate supply overstock (e.g., vials, caps, bottles, etc.)
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Graduate from an accredited Pharmacy Technician program preferred
- Retail Pharmacy Technicians: Minimum of one (1) year of experience in retail setting preferred
- Pharmacy Technician certification (CPhT) issued by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board preferred
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft office applications and electronic mail. Experience with electronic medical records and/or pharmacy systems
- Knowledge of pharmacy standards, policies, and procedures, and of third-party insurance
- Exceptional customer service, communication, organization, problem resolution and process development skills
- Bilingual a plus
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Focus on quality care, not quotas — the way medicine should be.
Provide wellness and preventive care to keep patients and their families healthy.
Restore patients to good health in one-on-one sessions with extended evaluation time.
Ignite your passion for helping people at employer-sponsored onsite health and wellness centers.
Work with our team to transform the delivery of health care.