Pharmacist in Charge- Sussex, WIApply Job ID 17205 Date posted May. 12, 2020 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
QuadMed's dedicated health professionals focus on wellness and prevention, putting the patient at the center. Working as a team, we deliver high quality, integrated care while controlling ever-growing costs. QuadMed is an innovative leader in employer healthcare solutions, one of the fastest growing providers in the country. In partnership with our patients and the companies we serve, our mission is to create a culture of health.
The Pharmacist in Charge (PIC) is responsible for the day-to-day operation of one of our licensed QuadMed Pharmacies. The PIC will report directly to the Manager of Pharmacy.
- Directly supervise all pharmacy staff working at the given location
- May be required to approve time, and vacations, make schedules, and provide performance evaluations for supportive staff
- Pull reports for daily and monthly pharmacy data
- Complete inventories as required
Additionally, the PIC will have all the responsibilities of the pharmacist position
- Dispense pharmaceuticals and limited Durable Medical Equipment as prescribed
- Prepare or supervise the preparation of liquid medicines, ointments, powders, tablets, and other medications
- Check prescriptions for correct dosage and for drug interactions and incompatibilities
- Verify patient information for every new and refilled prescription
- Compound prescribed medications not commercially available when necessary
- Ensure proper storage of pharmaceuticals stocked in the pharmacy
- Work collaboratively with providers to provide optimal pharmaceutical care
- Provide patient education/consultation to customers for all new and refilled prescriptions and on OTC (over the counter) medicines as required
- Perform order entry of prescriptions into the pharmacy database when technicians are not present
- Contact physicians and benefits providers as necessary to process a prescription
- Provide a professional and confidential environment for customers on all occasions
- Maintain strict confidentiality of PHI and adheres to HIPAA guidelines
Will provide pharmacy services in our licensed pharmacies for select customers
Ability to work standing for the majority of your shift
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy Degree
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience as a pharmacist preferred
- Previous experience as a Pharmacist in Charge preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Active pharmacist license in the state of practice
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong computer skills
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Ability to exercise good judgement
- Considerable knowledge of drug interactions and side effects of medications
- Ability to prepare, compound, and dispense medications with accuracy
- Bilingual a plus
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more. In select states, patient care is provided by an independent physician-owned corporation.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.