Pharmacist - PRNApply Job ID 22013 Date posted May. 11, 2022 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
Creating a better way. It’s more than just the philosophy we were founded on. It’s our purpose. For our employees, it means more time with patients. Unrushed visits to build meaningful relationships. And most importantly, an opportunity to empower our patients to achieve their full potential – at work and in life. Determined to make a difference? Join our health care revolution and be a part of something better.
QuadMed is seeking a PRN/as-needed Pharmacist to be based in our Sussex, WI Health Center and provide backup support to the Lomira and West Allis Pharmacy. The Pharmacist is responsible for the timely and effective provision of pharmaceutical care by means of: review of patient therapy; interpretation and processing of medication orders; monitoring and managing drug therapy; discharge counseling to assure the continuum of care; monitoring and supporting the drug distribution system; and the provision of frontline drug information support for other healthcare team members.
*This position is as-needed, based on candidate availability, to be based in Sussex and provide coverage for our Lomira and West Allis Pharmacy.*
- Dispense pharmaceuticals and limited Durable Medical Equipment as prescribed
- Prepare or supervise the preparation of liquid medicines, ointments, powders, tablets , and other medications
- Check prescriptions for correct dosage and for drug interactions and incompatibilities
- Verify patient information for every new and refilled prescription
- Compound prescribed medications not commercially available when necessary
- Ensure proper storage of pharmaceuticals stocked in the pharmacy
- Work collaboratively with providers to provide optimal pharmaceutical care
- Provide patient education/consultation to customers for all new and refilled prescriptions and on OTC (over the counter) medicines as required
- Perform order entry of prescriptions into the pharmacy database when technicians are not present
- Contact physicians and benefits providers as necessary to process a prescription
- Provide a professional and confidential environment for customers on all occasions
- Maintain strict confidentiality of PHI and adheres to HIPAA guidelines
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy degree
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience as a pharmacist preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Active pharmacist license in the state of practice
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong customer service skills
- Stong written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Ability to exercise good judgement
- Considerable knowledge of drug interactions and side effects of medications
- Ability to prepare, compound, and dispense medications with accuracy
- Bilingual a plus
Harry Quadracci was determined to do things differently, and to do them better. In 1991, the visionary print manufacturing CEO founded QuadMed out of the belief that there had to be a better way to provide his employees with access to affordable, high-quality health care. And what started as doing the right thing, ended up sparking a health care revolution. Now 30 years later, we partner with employers across the nation to provide value-driven health and wellness services in or near the workplace. With a focus on breaking down cost, access and quality barriers, we empower employees and their families to live healthier, happier lives.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.