Pharmacy Manager, Sussex, WIApply Job ID 13667 Date posted May. 14, 2019 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Pharmacy Manager will manage pharmacy department operations by supporting the mission, vision, and values of QuadMed. The Pharmacy Manager will oversee the operations of all onsite pharmacies at QuadMed, lead the development of pharmacy related products and services, and serve as the business owner of pre-packaged medication dispensing by non-pharmacy staff in clinics across the country for QuadMed.
- Assist in pharmacy operations to achieve business objectives by increasing sales and gross margins, managing equipment, limiting expenses, directing operations to minimize wait times, monitoring department performance metrics, upholding proper pharmacy and general safety procedures and standards, and partnering with management in developing and implementing pharmacy programs to help meet sales objectives and increase prescription volume
- Coordinate pharmacy schedule; direct and monitor pharmacy staff and performance by providing ongoing proactive, constructive feedback, training, and evaluations; make recommendations for hiring, promotion, and termination.
- Oversees all activities related to the preparation, dispensing, and sale of prescription and pharmacy-related products
- Focus on customer satisfaction and needs, ensuring that customers are provided quality customer service through use of best practices and prompt communication with physicians, vendors, and colleagues
- Ensure all work processes are performed efficiently and effectively at each work location by prioritizing workload and organizing workflow
- Verifies accuracy of pharmacy team by following established procedures
- Works in conjunction with various levels of management to resolve issues
- Maintains proper pharmacy and general safety procedures and standards, including department cleanliness
- Ensures timely implementation of company policies, procedures, and programs
- Enforces compliance with all local, state, and federal laws, company policies and procedures, and state regulations regarding intern, technician, and assistant training and licensure
- Adheres to company dress code standards; directs pharmacy team in maintaining the professional appearance of the pharmacy
- Maintains all licensures for sites and Pharmacists. Monitoring when coming due, reminding or applying.
- Completes any audits needed for State and Federal regulatory compliance
- Manages pharmacy software upgrades
- Manages/compiles all daily and monthly reports for the Pharmacy department
- Serves as the business owner for pre-pack medication dispensing responsible for managing the relationship with all pre-pack medication vendors, maintaining the QuadMed medication dispensing formulary, ensuring legal research is updated around dispensing, and ensuring medication dispensing audits are completed and documented
- Responsible for partnering with QuadMed product development department to develop any new Pharmacy related products and service offerings
- Maintains strict confidentiality of PHI and adheres to HIPAA guidelines
- Acts as SME for Corporate QuadMed
- Acts as consultant to clients for their pharmacy benefits including use of PBM reporting as needed
- Assist with RFIs, and RFPs for QuadMed as needed
- Participates in various QuadMed committees
- Responsible for new pharmacy implementations
- Builds and maintains relationships with vendors (Pharmaceutical distributors and equipment)
- Responsible for licensing and credentialing of the pharmacies (state BOPs, DEA, NCPDP, and PBMs)
- Responsible for pharmacy portion of AAAHC Accreditation - corporate level
- SIGIS Registration for new pharmacies/maintain registration for existing pharmacies
- Signs off on monthly staffing for client invoice (non Quad clients)
- Ensures bi-Weekly update and Quarterly Pharmacy Newsletter are created and distributed
- Verifies CLC assignments monthly
- Performs other duties as assigned including serving as the Pharmacist
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Graduate from an accredited pharmacy program recognized by the American Council of Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE)
- MBA or related degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience as a Pharmacist required
- 5+ years of management experience in a pharmacy setting required
- Medication Therapy Management certification preferred
- Experience developing pharmacy related products and new service offerings preferred
- Experience or knowledge around pre-pack medication dispensing preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must have an active pharmacy license in state(s) of practice with all held licenses in good standing and be immunization certified
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of State and Federal Regulations pertaining to pharmacy
- Knowledge of Pharmacy Benefit Management and Third Party Nework Contracting/Credentialing
- Self-motivated with the ability to complete work with a minimum of supervision under tight time frames
- Maintains honesty, integrity, and high levels of efficiency and accuracy at all times
- Demonstrated practice of and high-level skill in multi-tasking, championing change, initiative, customer service, interpersonal relations including building relationships and resolving conflict, decision making, problem solving, teamwork, and verbal and written communication
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and pharmacy-related software
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more. In select states, patient care is provided by an independent physician-owned corporation.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Focus on quality care, not quotas — the way medicine should be.
Provide wellness and preventive care to keep patients and their families healthy.
Restore patients to good health in one-on-one sessions with extended evaluation time.
Ignite your passion for helping people at employer-sponsored onsite health and wellness centers.
Work with our team to transform the delivery of health care.