Plant SchedulerApply Job ID 21016 Date posted Nov.. 16, 2021 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
A Plant Scheduler is responsible for planning, monitoring and adjusting the production schedule to maintain profitability, meet internal and external deadlines and ensure client satisfaction.
- Production Monitoring - Monitors and adjusts production schedule while upholding critical deadlines. Provides on call production support on nights & weekends as schedule demands.
- Communication - Participates in, or conducts production meetings with all necessary business units to effectively communicate proposed schedule and navigate potential roadblocks.
- Strategy - Forecasts long term production schedule based on sales input via Order Management tool and inputs into scheduling tool. Works with Sales to accommodate new work or changes to existing work.
- Planning - Analyzes production specifications and plant capacity data to organize most efficient production plan. Responsible for planning downtime and coordination with maintenance department.
- Post high school degree or 7-10 years print experience preferred; Business or printing related Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Able to work well in high pressure situations with tight deadlines.
- Advanced process planning skills, with experience overseeing process from start to finish
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented, self-directed and able to work through barriers to accomplish goals.
- Excels at applying time management to everyday activities
- High level computer knowledge and quick comprehension skills
- Able to apply continuous improvement to everyday activities
ADDITIONAL COMPANY INFORMATION
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.