PRN Pharmacy TechnicianApply Job ID 22703 Date posted Jun. 20, 2022 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
Creating a better way. It’s more than just the philosophy we were founded on. It’s our purpose. For our employees, it means more time with patients. Unrushed visits to build meaningful relationships. And most importantly, an opportunity to empower our patients to achieve their full potential – at work and in life. Determined to make a difference? Join our health care revolution and be a part of something better.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The pharmacy technician will assist the pharmacist in the areas of prescription filling, prescription distribution and clerical activities while under the pharmacist’s supervision at all times. This position should increase patient confidence and loyalty to the pharmacy by providing consistent operating conditions, courteous and prompt service, and a friendly atmosphere. This role will accurately and courteously express pharmacy policies and procedures to the customer when appropriate.
- Assist in the preparation of prescriptions including entering patient information (demographics, drug allergies and pharmaceutical history) and prescription orders into the pharmacy system for processing
- Assist pharmacist in filling prescriptions by pulling stock, pouring, counting, restocking, packaging, labeling and pricing the prescription
- Provide excellent customer service by greeting customers as they enter the pharmacy, keeping the pharmacy clean and inviting, and answering the phone in a courteous manner
- Assist pharmacist in the preparation, reconciliation and billing of third party insurance claims and in the re-billing of rejected third party claims
- Assist in checking and removing out-of-date product as instructed by the pharmacist
- Order, receive, rotate and store product to assure quality controls
- Reconcile daily merchandise orders
- Maintain confidentiality in compliance of federal HIPAA regulations
- Organize and file records
- Maintain all product labels, signs and prices aligned with product
- Keep work area clean, orderly and free from safety hazards; report hazards to the pharmacist or manager
- Operate the cashier terminal and the credit card machine when checking our customers; collect proper payment for merchandise
- Repack and consolidate supply overstock (e.g., vials, caps, bottles, etc.)
Will provide pharmacy services in our licensed pharmacies or dispensing sites for select patients.
Ability to work standing for the majority of your shift
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Graduate from an accredited Pharmacy Technician program preferred
- Retail Pharmacy Technicians: Minimum of one (1) year of experience in retail setting preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Pharmacy Technician certification (CPhT) issued by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft office applications and electronic mail. Experience with electronic medical records and/or pharmacy systems
- Knowledge of pharmacy standards, policies, and procedures, and of third-party insurance
- Exceptional customer service, communication, organization, problem resolution and process development skills
- Bilingual a plus
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more. In select states, patient care is provided by an independent physician-owned corporation.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.