PRN PhlebotomistApply Job ID 22972 Date posted Aug. 05, 2022 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
Creating a better way. It’s more than just the philosophy we were founded on. It’s our purpose. For our employees, it means more time with patients. Unrushed visits to build meaningful relationships. And most importantly, an opportunity to empower our patients to achieve their full potential – at work and in life. Determined to make a difference? Join our health care revolution and be a part of something better.
QuadMed is seeking a PRN Phlebotomist to join our Health Center's located in Sussex/West Allis or Lomira. The Phlebotomist is responsible for performing Phlebotomy and CLIA waived Lab tests at the QuadMed Lab locations as assigned. Performing other lab tasks as assigned
- Responsible for efficiently and accurately performing blood draws or sample collection on patients based on the tests ordered by the provider. Typical daily duties include the following:
- Prepares patients before drawing blood
- Identifys the patient and the correct test before collecting patient sample
- Explains blood draw procedures to patients and answering any questions about the process
- Follows all health and safety protocols and procedures to maintain sanitary work areas
- Gathers medical testing materials, including needles, sample vials, blood storage bags and test tubes
- Labels blood samples properly
- Accurately updats patient information in the organization’s database
- Helps nervous or frightened patients remain calm during blood draws
- Works with supervising Physicians and following their directions at all times
- Utilizes various laboratory and clinic information systems and software.
- Travels to another clinic with in the Quad clinics
- Communicates in a professional and courteous manner with patients, families, and other medical staff as necessary.
- Interacts professionally, as a subject matter expert with doctors, nurses and other healthcare providers when answering questions or providing any information.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient, department, and organization information
- Performs CLIA waived tests once trained for those tests
- Take responsibility of completing training and competencies in a timely manner
- Other duties with in the lab such as stocking supplies, making sure the lab is ready for lab draw at any time, cleaning spaces as needed and other duties as assigned by the manager or the supervisor
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- High school GED required
- Phlebotomy Tech Associate degree preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience at a busy clinic or hospital in lieu of an associate or a certificate
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Phlebotomy Certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop strong working relationships
- Ability to multi-task, maintain confidentiality and independently and creatively handle issues
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Flexible approach and demonstrated dedication to customer-focused service
- Bilingual a plus, but not necessary
Harry Quadracci was determined to do things differently, and to do them better. In 1991, the visionary print manufacturing CEO founded QuadMed out of the belief that there had to be a better way to provide his employees with access to affordable, high-quality health care. And what started as doing the right thing, ended up sparking a health care revolution. Now 30 years later, we partner with employers across the nation to provide value-driven health and wellness services in or near the workplace. With a focus on breaking down cost, access and quality barriers, we empower employees and their families to live healthier, happier lives.
Additional Company Info
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.