Procurement Sourcing SpecialistApply Job ID 15077 Date posted Aug. 29, 2019 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is currently seeking a Full-time Sourcing Specialist to join our Corporate Procurement Team based in Sussex, WI. The Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for the procurement and contracting of Indirect Materials which includes IT client based hardware, Electrical, and Power Transmission commodities.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Strategically source Commodity Specific Spend for assigned categories and partnering with leadership, other team members and subject matter experts
- Conduct comprehensive spend analysis for assigned categories
- Develop and execute a negotiation strategy for assigned categories
- Execute strategic sourcing events for assigned categories as directed
- Effectively negotiate and document all terms, conditions and pricing
- Manages all contract documents, records, bids, insurance certificates, pricing grids and other required documentation
- Maintain contracts in accordance to expiration schedules, business requirements and best practices to trigger new sourcing events
- Manage the master item catalog for assigned categories. Ensuring we have accurate descriptions, pricing, supplier information and part numbers along with other additional information needed for our customer to execute a purchase
- Maintain commodity knowledge and stay abreast of industry trends
- Establish and maintain strategic supplier relationships
- Develop and manage supplier performance criteria and evaluations for maximum supplier value
- Follow all sourcing and procurement standard operating procedures. Provides feedback as necessary to reduce waste of any kind
- Fosters close working relationship with business units
- Creates and implements cost reduction opportunities and goals
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5 years of buying experience or equivalent
- C.P.S.M a plus
- Experience interpreting and analyzing complex procurement contract templates
- Experience prioritizing assignments, while multitasking in a fast paced environment
- Must have proficiency in a Procurement related tool set or demonstrate ability to learn Quad specific tools quickly
- Commodity Specific Experience with:
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision
- Can effectively cope with change, shift gears comfortably, decide and act without having the total picture and can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- A proven track record in cost reduction
- Strong data analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong computer skills with proficiency using Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft applications.
- Strong communication skills and experience communicating effectively with a variety of team members at all levels of the organization
- Change management and project management experience a plus
- Previous experience in a print manufacturing industry a plus
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.