Project Manager- Corporate CommunicationsApply Job ID 22699 Date posted Jun. 22, 2022 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Project Manager will support Quad’s Corporate Communications team and the many projects they execute on behalf of their business partners in dozens of departments across our global company.
This is a new position in the communications department, something you can make your own while you make a difference. We want you to show us best practices and help us implement a better way to manage the many projects we execute.
No matter where you look, our end-to-end business is booming. And we communicate with everyone at Quad, from entry level hires to the C-suite. The Corp Comm team works very closely with HR and manufacturing on retention and new hire campaigns, with HR on total rewards, and wellness programs, and corporate strategies including Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) and Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI) programming. Our team is flexible — we love collaborating at our SE Wisconsin headquarters and fully support anyone who chooses to work remotely.
This position will report to the Director of Creative and Content Strategy, working closely with key stakeholders as well as our Account Support Executive team to align with best practices for project management within the organization.
- Oversee the project management development of internal strategic programs and communication materials, including emails, posters, video, presentations, intranet content, training materials and more.
- Create and utilize technology for project plans, which include clear milestones and assignment of project task responsibilities. Revise plans as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Act as a lead in supporting all department operational project management processes and weekly update meetings.
- Serve as subject matter expert for the Request System which includes managing/owning the payment of invoices for the Corporate Communications team,
- Perform internal department duties as assigned by Department Manager/Director.
- Coordinate multiple tasks and communicate with any necessary team members across the organization.
- Uphold and enforce processes and procedures to ensure timely, accurate delivery of work.
- Identify opportunities to improve process and workflow and create efficiencies for the department.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Oversee the Implementation process within key departments, communicating timelines, internal and external due dates, and expectations.
- Engage HR, IT, Finance, Safety, Legal business partners, etc. to address department-specific needs for project charters, creative briefs, etc.
- Coordinate scheduling and production of print pieces on Quad’s in-house equipment,including various campaign materials such as 10K Annual Report, Benefits Open Enrollment, New Hire Benefits Enrollment, Rewards, Orientation, numerous posters, etc.
- Perform other responsibilities, as they are developed/defined.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
Education:Bachelor’s degree – not a requirement
Experience:7+ years’ customer service, account management or print or agency environment preferred
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS:
- Broad project management skills, ability to think strategically and manage multiple priorities, anticipate demands, coordinate stringent deadlines and properly estimate time for work.
- Strong understanding of project management/governance tools such as Project Charter, , risk and change logs, etc.
- Ability to work across different levels and functions to build relationships with key stakeholders and champions.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player in a fast-paced environment.
- History of taking a proactive approach to identify issues, risks and unintended consequences.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective action plans to overcome barriers.
- Knowledge of best-practices for change management, continuous improvement
- Knowledge of how to develop KPI’s to measure success, then conduct deeper-dive current and future state process mapping.
- Familiarity with advertising, marketing, media, TV and radio terminology and processes.
- Keen understanding of digital applications, internet and social media applications.
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Experience interacting with marketing and branding divisions in large companies
- Ability to understand and use Mac- or PC-based hardware/software including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint — experience with InDesign would be ideal.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.