Proposal WriterApply Job ID 13091 Date posted Apr. 04, 2019 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
QuadMed's dedicated health professionals focus on wellness and prevention, putting the patient at the center. Working as a team, we deliver high quality, integrated care while controlling ever-growing costs. QuadMed is an innovative leader in employer healthcare solutions, one of the fastest growing providers in the country. In partnership with our patients and the companies we serve, our mission is to create a culture of health.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The Proposal Writer is responsible for developing well-researched and compelling copy for new business acquisition including RFIs, RFPs, presentations and other supporting marketing collateral such as white papers, case studies, thought leadership articles, etc. This role works in collaboration with sales, marketing and other internal stakeholders and partners. .
- Lead business writer responsible for responding to and customizing Requests for Proposal (RFPs) against the agreed upon win strategy with guidance from the New Business Marketing Strategist.
Write, edit, organize, produce and package responses to Requests for Proposals in compliance with detailed requirements and timelines.
Proofread proposals for content, grammar, style, and formatting; utilize Associated Press Stylebook and in-house content guidelines for proposal documents.
Responsible for explaining, simplifying, and condensing information from multiple department sources to achieve a unified voice and clarity of purpose.
Track RFP deadlines and ensure key approvers respond and their feedback is incorporated.
Organize questions on RFP requirements from internal partners and submit to New Business Marketing Strategist for review prior to sending to prospect.
Maintain content in proposal management database and coordinate periodic review.
Maintain all boilerplate materials utilized by the company.
Read and comprehend all RFI and RFP related correspondence.
Lead and coordinate the team of identified responders including subject matter experts in various business lines and departments to answer specific questions and record new information in proposals accurately.
Create summary reports detailing debriefing notes on RFPs submitted to prospective clients including suggestions for improvements/enhancements to current materials, responses and/or process.
Responsible for contributing content for sales presentations and finalist presentations.
Maintain knowledge of all QuadMed products and services.
Create compelling, well-researched externally facing content to support sales and marketing efforts including biographies, white papers, case studies, thought leadership articles, client testimonials, landing page copy, newsletter and web copy.
In collaboration with the digital strategist provide content updates and resource materials for the B2B website to keep content fresh.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Business, or a related field required
- Five (5) years or more experience in a marketing, sales, business development or communications role; some proposal writing experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Expert writer, editor and content strategist
- Outstanding organizational, planning and execution skills
Possess an ability to work well under pressure and the ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form
- Must demonstrate attention to detail in addition to strong written and verbal communication skills
- Background in grant writing, proposal development and/or RFP preparation a plus
- Ability to work independently to produce quality work to execute and implement projects and deliverables in tight time constraints
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven atmosphere
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including diplomacy and ability to work with all levels of staff and leadership
- Expert level Microsoft Office Suite
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Focus on quality care, not quotas — the way medicine should be.
Provide wellness and preventive care to keep patients and their families healthy.
Restore patients to good health in one-on-one sessions with extended evaluation time.
Ignite your passion for helping people at employer-sponsored onsite health and wellness centers.
Work with our team to transform the delivery of health care.