Referral CoordinatorApply Job ID 18886 Date posted Apr. 27, 2021 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
QuadMed is seeking a Referral Coordinator to join our team at the Health and Wellness Center in Sussex, WI serving Quad/Graphics employees and their families. Referral coordination is a critical component in providing appropriate care and follow up to patients requiring additional services. The Referral Coordinator will facilitate the referral process, including: communication and support for the patient, tracking of referrals, and maintaining accurate documentation of the referral within the patient’s medical record.
- Track and document activity related to referrals in the Electronic Medical Record.
- Run and monitor referral reports.
- Assist patients in all aspects of facilitating the referral.
- Aid in tracking and administering contract performance guarantees in partnership with sales, account management, legal and reporting.
- Facilitate the sending of information to service/referral providers. Follow up with service/referral provider regarding results.
- Communicate with provider/nurse care teams regarding referral orders.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Graduate from an accredited college/university with an Associate’s Degree in Medical Assisting or LPN preferred
- At least one (1) year of medical office experience required
- At least one (1) year experience in referral coordination strongly preferred
- Outpatient care experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal, with proven organizational and facilitation ability.
- Strong team player with ability to be a self-starter professional who can work independently and proactively toward program improvement.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Outstanding leadership, organizational, planning and execution skills.
- Skill in understanding the necessity and the ability to preserve and maintain confidential communications and legally privileged information
- Effective positive human relations skills including tact, diplomacy, and ability to work with all levels of staff and leadership.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more!
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.