Registered NurseApply Job ID 25848 Date posted Jul. 13, 2023 Location Sussex, Wisconsin
QuadMed is seeking an energetic Registered Nurse (RN) to join our clinic team in Sussex, WI. Work with a dynamic group of medical professionals in a practice like setting, this team has consistently had a 96.8% patient satisfaction score.
The RN will provide general nursing care and leadership, working with physicians and multidisciplinary team members. This position is responsible primarily for nursing functions, including but not limited to documentation of vital signs and chief complaint, administering medications and injections, phlebotomy, patient triage, authorizing medication refills, patient education and should have a focus on wellness and prevention.
Schedule : 8:00 am - 5:00pm (Mon-Fri)
*Joining Bonus - $2000
- Performs the duties in accordance with the Nursing Code of Ethics and other guiding principles of nursing.
- Assesses, plans, directs and evaluates total nursing care as determined by the patient’s age related
- physical, psychosocial, and cultural needs in accordance with established standards, policies and
- procedures of QuadMed and assigned client groups.
- Provides case management by being a patient advocate, resource and contact person for patients and families.
- Provides basic wellness and prevention education information to patients and family, focusing on self-care appropriate to their age and identified learning considerations and needs.
- Performs assessment data collection and documents subjective data (chief complaint and allergies)
- and objective data (vital signs/weight/etc.). Reviews basic health history information for patients;
- focusing on environmental, self-care and health and wellness center discharge planning.
- Administers medications/immunizations skillfully and correctly; performs therapeutic treatments and other health screenings as required by the provider.
- Performs lab/diagnostic tests including preparing specimen, testing and recording of results as ordered by provider. Reports all critical lab values immediately.
- Anticipates and prepares examination rooms with equipment and supplies required for the visit.
- Assists provider with examination and procedures per request.
- Utilizes universal precautions in obtaining specimens (venipuncture, cultures, etc.) and in delivery
- of patient care. Acknowledges patient’s rights on confidentiality issues, maintains patient confidentiality at all times, and follows HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
- Completes all documentation accurately, timely and efficiently for regulatory compliance. Demonstrates skills necessary for proper documentation in the Electronic Medical Record. Participate in quality improvement, continuing education, and other patient care programs established by the health center requirements for QuadMed and/or assigned client groups.
Job Requirements :
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program, BSN preferred
- Must have at least three (3) years of experience working in a primary care setting and familiarity with an electronic medical records system
- Phlebotomy experience
- Outpatient and pediatric experience strongly preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current and valid license in the state of the position or compact state license
- Current CPR (BLS) certification or must be obtained within 60 days of hire
- PALS a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong nursing and interpersonal skills, especially in working with diverse populations
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong organizational skills and have the ability to set priorities and work independently.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the clinic with the guidance of the Clinic Supervisor
- Skilled in assessment, evaluation, nursing diagnosis, and treatment planning
- Apply critical thinking skills and keen attention to detail
- Strong skills in utilizing technology
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote diversity and inclusion
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.