Senior Procurement Sourcing SpecialistApply Job ID 19420 Date posted May. 05, 2021 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is currently seeking a Senior Sourcing Specialist to join our Corporate Procurement Team based in Sussex, WI. The Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for the procurement and contracting of a variety of commodities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategically source assigned product categories partnering with leadership and subject matter experts
- Leads, trains and directs specialists
- Execute strategic sourcing events for assigned categories
- Conduct comprehensive spend analysis for assigned categories
- Develop and execute a negotiation strategy for assigned categories
- Effectively negotiate and document all contract terms, conditions and pricing
- Manages all contract documents, records, bids, insurance certificates, pricing grids, and required documentation
- Maintain contracts in accordance to expiration schedules, business requirements and best practices to trigger new sourcing events
- Maintains commodity knowledge and stays current on Industry trends and networks with industry supply base
- Maintain item catalog master, for assigned categories. Insuring we have accurate description, pricing, supplier, and part number, and all other information needed for our customers to execute a purchase.
- Develops various reports used for tracking and benchmarking contract activities
- Develop and manage supplier performance criteria and evaluations for maximum supplier value
- Work continuously to improve efficiency of Global Procurement through process enhancement and updated standard operating procedures
- Fosters close working relationships with business units
- Establish or maintain strategic supplier relationships
- Create and implement cost reduction opportunities and goals
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of buying experience strongly preferred
- C.P.S.M a plus
- A proven track record in cost reduction
- Experience leading and directing teams
- Experience interpreting and analyzing complex procurement contract templates
- Experience prioritizing assignments, while multitasking in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision
- Strong data analysis skills and attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills with proficiency using Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft applications.
- Strong communication skills and experience communicating effectively with a variety of team members at all levels of the organization
- Change Management and Project Management experience is a plus
- Previous experience in the print manufacturing industry is a plus
- Proficient in QG Procurement Smartools a plus or must have ability to become proficient in less than 6 months.
- Intimately familiar with product or service commodity assigned
- Experience in commodities
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.