Part-Time Shipping Material HandlerApply Job ID 30248 Date posted Feb. 08, 2024 Location Sussex, Wisconsin
Quad in Sussex is seeking a Part-Time Material Handler, Truck Loader. The Material Handler will be responsible for the loading of finished product onto semi-trailers with the use of a propane sit down forklift, an on-board PC and RF bar coding system.
- Understands and follows all standard operating and safety procedures.
- Performs all post-skidding operations, which may include strapping, banding, wrapping, card-boarding, boxing, baling, weighing and compressing.
- Safely operates a powered industrial truck to transport product to various departments.
- Review and/ or complete all material logs and production record paperwork as required.
- Performs clean-up and waste removal tasks.
- Coordinates trucking of product with shipping for staging purposes
- Follows all company and OSHA safety regulations and promote safe work habits with peers.
- Effective communication between supervisor and incoming/outgoing operator regarding shift expectations
- Assists as needed in other departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have or be able to do the following:
- Must have 2 or more years prior experience loading trucks.
- Prior forklift experience where 75% or more of your day is spent on a forklift.
- Strong computer skills a must
- Factory, Manufacturing. Warehousing, Shipping or other work experience is preferred.
- Must be at least 18-years of age or older.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read, understand and follow both written and verbal instructions.
- Good math skills
- The ability to use repetitive hand/wrist movement.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize job need.
- Ability to be a team player in a fast paced, detail orientated production environment.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.