Skilled Bindery/Finishing Operators
- Sussex, Wisconsin
More than just another employer, we pride ourselves on being a company with a soul. Quad’s culture is built on a rich legacy of passionate, innovative people always striving to find a better way. As a global marketing services provider, Quad leverages worldwide capabilities and leading-edge technology to help brand owners market and distribute their products more efficiently and effectively - transforming the industry with the combined power of digital and print.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, careers at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility as you gain the skills and confidence to advance as our platform evolves. Join the Quad team today and develop your career – work side-by-side with skilled professionals, operate multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, and experience first-hand the values that have guided us from day one. Work hard, move fast, contribute new ideas and proudly wear Quad Blue!
- Full Time and part time positions
- 8 or 12hour shifts
- Level: Entry to Skilled
- Paid Vacation
What makes a successful Machine Operator at Quad?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Goal-oriented 7
- Motivational 5
- Team Player 6
- Innovative 5
- Results Driven 8
- Confident 7
- Problem solver
Everado - Press Operator
“Running a machine is all I wanted to do when I started. I am thankful that I was able to learn a new career and have new opportunities at Quad.”
Learn More About Us
Join Our Ranks – Advancement, Culture and Innovation
Meet Rondell – CareerPath to Success with Quad
Innovate – Quad’s Corporate Values
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and printing technology. This includes guided vehicles (driverless fork trucks) and world-class digital presses that give our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you’ll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done – something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
Quad in Sussex is seeking Skilled Operators in various areas within our Bindery/Finishing Department, including but not limited to: Saddle Stitcher, Perfect Binder, Sitma Polywrapper, and Offline equipment. These positions are responsible for set up and operation of Finishing equipment to customer-supplied specifications while maintaining production by planning and organizing jobs and continuously monitoring quality. Additionally, operators are responsible for cleanliness and keeping equipment maintained mechanically. Some positions will have direct reports.
- Operate machine effectively and safely according to standards to ensure a quality product
- Perform and document preventative and routine maintenance as needed or assigned
- Make-ready the equipment
- Assist other master operators with start-ups as possible when own line is down
- Fill in for other master operators when needed
- Support material handlers during continuous and self-supported running (including mail-sacking, skid stacking, pocket filling, cover filling, etc.) and give work direction during downtime and clean-up
- Good mechanical aptitude, ability to read, understand and follow guides
- Ability to train and direct crew, self-motivated.
- Excellent attendance record, satisfactory job performance in current position, excellent safety record and work habits, positive attitude and team player (able to work with others)
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Experience with the following equipment: Saddle Stitchers – Goss. Perfect Binders - Goss, Kolbus, Heidelberg. Sitma Polywrappers. Offline equipment including inserters, folders, rotary trimmer, and flat cutters.
- 2-3 years of previous Bindery/Finishing Operator experience, including set up and operation
- Strong mechanical aptitude is required
- Observe and monitor machine operations to determine whether adjustments are needed and run product for the highest quality in the safest manner.
- Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Must have ability to utilize the computer to ensure quality of the product.
- Ability to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, the ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours (8 or 12-hour shift), use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement, receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects.
Your ability to choose from a number of compressed work schedules geared toward balancing work and family life:
3 and 4 day work week
- 12 hour rotating shift (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- 8 hour shift (11 p.m. - 7 a.m.), Mon – Fri. These shifts do not rotate.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
This opening is eligible for the employee referral program. If the program criteria are met, employees who refer candidates to this job may be paid a bonus.