Skilled Print OperatorsApply Job ID 22995 Date posted Aug. 05, 2022 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Up to $20,000 Relocation and Sign-On Bonus Available!
Quad is currently hiring Essential Workers who want to make a difference - Imagine more than you have today. Your career starts here. Be greater than you thought possible and reap the rewards of your success and growth. We are in the business of developing people. Promotions are based on your performance – You are in charge of your career!
At Quad, we value and reward manufacturing experience by providing a competitive wage. Individuals with print experience can have a starting wage of up to $26/hr. We offer up to $20,000 in paid relocation and sign-on bonuses available to candidates with prior experience. You have immediate opportunities to advance – driving you to be better than yesterday. As your career progresses, there are multiple upward paths available, as we are continuously looking for our next group of leaders to excel within the organization.
One of Quad’s largest mega plants and world headquarters is located in Sussex, WI. Sussex has been rated one of the “Best Places to Raise Kids” and is one of the top school systems in Southeastern Wisconsin. Sussex has outstanding parks, trails, and golf courses and is nestled in between the two largest cities in the state, Milwaukee, and Madison.
The Sussex plant is just over 1.7 million square feet in size, CLIMATE CONTROLLED, and home to cutting-edge equipment and technology. Our employees and their families have access to a nearby medical clinic, onsite fitness center, as well as many recreational outdoor activities like sand volleyball, baseball, and basketball courts which are free for employees and their families to enjoy. We offer competitive pay, health, dental, pharmacy and life insurance, 401k, vacation, and other great benefits.
Quad is a Wisconsin-based company, which is among the largest magazine and direct-mail printers in the U.S. Our company leverages its strong print foundation as part of a much larger, robust integrated marketing services platform that helps marketers and content creators improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their marketing spend across offline and online media channels.
Quad is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, customers, and communities. We follow CDC and local health authorities, and federal and state governments along with best practices and recommendations from our healthcare subsidiary, QuadMed.
BE YOUR OWN SUCCESS STORY. BE SOMETHING GREATER. BE QUAD.
Quad in Sussex, WI is seeking Press Operators in various areas within our Press Department, including but not limited to: First (1st) and Second (2nd) Press machine operators and Digital Press Operators. These positions are responsible for setting up and operating Press equipment to customer-supplied specifications while maintaining production by planning and organizing jobs and continuously monitoring quality. Additionally, operators are responsible for the cleanliness and keeping the press maintained mechanically. Some positions will have direct reports.
Responsibilities Also Include:
- Planning and organizing jobs by reviewing schedules and job tickets, identifying priorities, assigning roles, and maintaining production records
- Monitoring signature quality by setting and monitoring color, maintaining the register, fold, and compensation, and identifying and correcting problems.
- Setting up/operating equipment by setting up press computers, units, folders, and auxiliary equipment and performing preventative maintenance.
- Participating in training and teaching, assisting all positions, and working with customers and the business plan.
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Experience with the following Press equipment: Harris M1000, Heidelberg M600 and 3000, Goss 3000, Manroland 3000
- 2-3 years of previous Press Operator experience, including the ability to web up press, and be able to match the product to the sample from the customer is required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude is required
- Must have eye/hand coordination when inside the unit while making adjustments
- Must have the ability to utilize the computer to ensure the quality of the product.
- Ability to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, the ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand for long hours (12-hour shift), use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement, receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects.
- Shift Options that fit your lifestyle and needs:
- 12-hour rotating shifts (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays. working 3 - 4 days a week
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.