Software Development InternApply Job ID 30221 Date posted Feb. 05, 2024 Location Sussex, Wisconsin
Interns are assigned to a specific development team ranging anywhere from 4-15 developers/engineers, be trained, and given “real” programming assignments. This is very challenging and rewarding work that offers practical experience in the short-term and outstanding long-term career opportunities.
Some of our Development Teams:
- Logistics - As part of this team you’ll be developing IT solutions to take customer orders and optimize transportation plans to meet customer expectation and maximize freight savings. Included with this is being able to efficiently manage the product in a warehouse through automated material handling, barcode tracking, and directing material handlers on how to move product efficiently, as well as following USPS processes and procedures for mailing large volumes.
- Shared Services - As part of this team you’ll be responsible for the support and administration of software and developing solutions for any of the following corporate departments: Accounting, Human Resources, Data Warehousing, and Supply Chain Management.
- Operations - As part of this team you’ll be working on software solutions and maintenance of software related to the following areas of our commercial print operations: Job Planning/Imaging, Press/Finishing, Scheduling and Raw Materials.
- Sales/Marketing & Transactional Operations - As part of this team you be responsible for the support, administration and customization of software related to the following business lines: Direct Mail, Web Solutions, Commercial & Specialty Print, and Sales/Estimating
- Client-Facing Business Solutions - As part of this team you’ll be responsible for the development, support and customization of our client-facing software solutions. The team is further divided into sub groups focusing on the following clientele: Catalog, Publisher, and Retail.
- Coding, unit testing and debugging in object-oriented development environments (VB.NET, C, C#, C++, VB 6.0, ASP, and T-SQL) and MS SQL Server 2005/2008
- Actively contributing in a team setting to build, enhance, and support custom-developed software benefiting a wide array of manufacturing and administrative operations.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or a related field
- Completion of at least two semesters of object oriented programming
- Unrestricted Work Authorization in the US
- Desired Skills/Experience
- Strong problem-solving and object-oriented development skills
- A winning attitude
- A passion for software development
- Ability to work onsite in our WI plants
- Additional Job Details
- Employment as a full time Software Developer does not commence until the candidate has completed his/her Bachelor’s (or greater) degree.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.