Tax Lead - Domestic Income Tax - HybridApply Job ID 25584 Date posted May. 02, 2023 Location Sussex, Wisconsin
The Tax Lead plays a significant role in domestic income tax function, primarily focused on state income tax matters:
- State and local income / franchise taxes:
- Lead state tax return compliance, including some preparation and some review of Tax Analyst, plus collaboration with consultants
- Review apportionment and state effective tax rate calculations
- Review reconciliation of income tax payable and receivable accounts, including recovery of outstanding refunds
- Preparation of ASC 740 accounting for income taxes as it relates to state income taxes for interim and year-end reporting
- Nexus review and related legal entity planning
- State income tax audit defense in coordination with Director of Global Tax
- Other key responsibilities and tasks:
- Detailed review of fixed assets for federal and state income tax purposes, including responsibility for making changes to tax books in fixed asset software
- Participate in income tax consulting and implementation of tax planning ideas, in collaboration with Director of Global Tax
- Participate in process improvement of compliance and accounting for income tax function
- Cross-train and development other income tax team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a preference for a Master’s Degree in Taxation and/or Accounting
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with income tax, including exposure to multi-state tax compliance for large consolidated groups
- CPA certification is preferred
- Strong analytical, organizational, and critical thinking skills with a keen attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a self-directed environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Location for this position will be hybrid; a combination of remote / work from home and in office at our Sussex, WI Corporate Headquarters.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
The importance of caring for one another, runs deep. It is at the heart of our healthcare and wellness programs, our retirement plans, all of our benefits. It's how we build rich, balanced lives for ourselves and our families, at work and at home.
From the very beginning, Quad has been defined by the people who work here. Our values, our skills, our creativity – it has all grown from those very first days in business, passed from worker to worker, built on the relationships – the trust – between us. All the presses, computers and technology; all the buildings; all the resources; none of it matters without the people who make Quad work.