Tax Manager - Indirect TaxApply Job ID 15757 Date posted Nov. 05, 2019 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Tax Manager is responsible for partnering with business leaders to ensure Quad is in compliance with its obligation to assess and collect sales and use taxes on its various product offerings. In addition, the Tax Manger is responsible for property tax obligations, including identifying opportunities for reducing assessed values in partnership with the Company’s third party providers.
• Develop and maintain relationships throughout the organization related to the sales and use tax processes, including:
o Monitor and direct sales and use tax processes related to billing, credit, sales, and customers to ensure Quad collects and remits appropriate tax amounts on customer invoices
o Monitor and direct use tax impacts within the accounts payable and purchasing processes to ensure Quad pays or accrues the appropriate use tax related to vendor purchases
o Ensure systems are designed, configured, and integrated for accurate sales and use tax determinations
• Establish strategic targets for challenges to property tax assessments, using year over year growth metrics, market sales information and plant utilization and capacity data to drive the challenges
• Manage quarter and year-end processes related to indirect tax, including:
o Oversee and deliver sales, use, and property tax reserve analysis and results quarterly to the CFO, tax team, and Financial Reporting team
o Quarterly reconciliation of indirect tax accounts
o Determination of annual property tax budget by location
• Drive tax planning opportunities, including:
o Identify and mitigate tax risks / exposures
o Provide innovative strategies to improve sales tax coordination with the business
o Develop appropriate M&A tax strategies (indirect tax on new customers/locations, system integrations, etc.)
• Oversee indirect tax compliance processes, including filing of sales and use tax monthly returns and annual property tax renditions
• Manage and coordinate state and local tax audits
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Minimum of ten (10) years experience with state taxes
• CPA designation, or working towards CPA, is highly preferred
• Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a self-directed environment
• Strong customer service and team orientation including the ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with external and internal customers
• Experience with OneSource Tax Determination, or another transaction tax calculation system
• Excellent written and oral communication skills are also required
• Manufacturing background is helpful, but not required
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.