Graphic Designer IIApply Job ID 20278 Date posted Aug.. 03, 2021 Location Sylmar, California Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Graphic Designer II is expected to possess a level and an aptitude for production/design that allow for independent thinking and originality in the field of graphic design. He/she must also demonstrate an awareness of the Company’s production/design capabilities, an understanding of industry standards and practices related to Graphic Arts, and the ability to work with clients (internal and external) to coordinate project flow and deadlines. Additionally, the Graphic Designer II must have the experience/ability to read, understand, and work with client data to fulfill his/her role.
- Demonstrate the ability to take direction and then use creativity and imagination to develop original creative art work
- Create original concepts/layout comps based on direction from the Art Director or Sr. Graphic Designer and presentation material as requested
- Electronically build, create and assemble various print projects in accordance with agency and client specifications. This includes, but not limited to data entry and type setting, image manipulation, art creation or modification
- Prepare digital assets using scanners and or digital cameras
- Prepare client proofs for approval
- Make corrections and modifications to client proofs as requested
- Assist in project and/or client customer service needs. This includes direct communications with the client
- Have the ability to develop and execute a project from concept to print
- Mentor junior staff and Production personnel to improve overall effectiveness and efficiency of the team, including but not limited to hard skill improvement and work habits
- Perform other responsibilities, as they are developed/defined
- Demonstrate the ability to handle many assignments, items and functions at one time in a fast and rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrate the ability to set and prioritize goals and achieve them as scheduled
- Demonstrate flexibility to adjust to rapidly changing requirements and schedules.
- Demonstrate an analytical approach to problem solving
- Demonstrate the ability to act on own initiative
- Demonstrates a desire to learn, willingness to do both menial tasks and take on more complex challenges
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to work with the design team to achieve their best
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to take direction from management
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to seek suggestions from peers and associates
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to show leadership by consistent example
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to build and maintain positive relationships
- Possess the ability to work with management to achieve Company goals including customer satisfaction and company profitability
- Demonstrate willingness to accept direction from management to improve quality and performance.
- Demonstrate willingness to work together with peers and other departments to improve quality and performance
- Bachelors degree in Graphic Design or equivalent
- 4 + years of experience as a mac operator, graphic design or graphic artist
- Possess knowledge of POS and store signage
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language
- 4 plus years of experience as a Mac Operator, Graphic Designer or Graphic Artist
- Desire to continue education through trade shows, seminars, special courses, etc.
- Ability to demonstrate competency in layout sketching and typography in a portfolio
- Accuracy in page building
- Demonstrates the ability to perform well and remain organized under pressure and tight deadlines
- Knowledge of printing, prepress, digital output
- Preflight and packaging of files if necessary
- General advertising, marketing, media, TV and radio terminology and processes
- Knowledge of the web, internet, and online research tools
- Knowledge of POS and store signage
- Knowledge of technical solutions and troubleshooting techniques
- Intermediate knowledge of visual design process and visual design principles
- Familiarity with digital proofing systems (Network and Online)
- MAC OS based hardware/software systems
- Understanding of presentation materials (hard and soft (i.e. PowerPoint/Keynote), light production for mock-ups, etc.
- Standard Graphic Design Software: CS, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, Font Management Systems, Microsoft Office, familiarity with Digital/Social Production (authoring solutions/HTML/Flash)
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.