$2000 New Hire Bonus Entry Level Operators - Will Train
- Tampa, Florida
More than just another employer, we pride ourselves on being a company with a soul. Quad’s culture is built on a rich legacy of passionate, innovative people always striving to find a better way. As a global marketing services provider, Quad leverages worldwide capabilities and leading-edge technology to help brand owners market and distribute their products more efficiently and effectively - transforming the industry with the combined power of digital and print.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, careers at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility as you gain the skills and confidence to advance as our platform evolves. Join the Quad team today and develop your career – work side-by-side with skilled professionals, operate multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, and experience first-hand the values that have guided us from day one. Work hard, move fast, contribute new ideas and proudly wear Quad Blue!
- Full Time and part time positions
- 8 or 12hour shifts
- Level: Entry to Skilled
- Paid Vacation
What makes a successful Machine Operator at Quad?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Goal-oriented 7
- Motivational 5
- Team Player 6
- Innovative 5
- Results Driven 8
- Confident 7
- Problem solver
Everado - Press Operator
“Running a machine is all I wanted to do when I started. I am thankful that I was able to learn a new career and have new opportunities at Quad.”
Learn More About Us
Join Our Ranks – Advancement, Culture and Innovation
Meet Rondell – CareerPath to Success with Quad
Innovate – Quad’s Corporate Values
The Press Assistant will remove printed materials from the press, stack/count bundles and perform tasks such as cleaning or changing press equipment for a new run. The Press Assistant will be part of a printing crew and will support all functions, as needed.
Safely removes printed materials from the press line and stacks bundles neatly onto skids.
- Conducts a quality check of printed material and counts bundles accurately.
- Handles basic set up of piece scales, resetting the typing machine and troubleshooting stackers.
- Performs press duties such as webbing up the press, changing ink, hanging plates, changing and cleaning blankets, cleaning up ink, oil or water spills, as assigned.
- Assists Press Assistant 1 (Rolltender) with basic duties and may train to operate the splicer, assist with restocking materials in the work area, cleaning ovens and spills, wiping down press units and cleaning the water tank behind the press.
- Reads run information and ensures stacking patterns for the product on skid comply with instructions.
- Follows all safety regulations and helps maintain a clean and orderly work area.
This position also requires the ability to (1) bend and lift 25 pounds continuously, (2) lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, (3) stand long hours and (4) use hands and wrists continuously. The ability to perform basic math calculations is essential. Good verbal and written comprehension skills are a must, including communication proficiency in English.
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.