Material HandlerApply Job ID 19214 Date posted Apr. 12, 2021 Location Tampa, Florida Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Our massive Pressroom horsepower features cutting-edge equipment and technology, ranging from web offset and gravure to the latest digital presses. We’re a collaborative team of “can do” people. We take great pride in our work, and are passionate about quality, safety and the customer experience.
- Understands and follows all standard operating and safety procedures, including the baler
- Performs all post-skidding operations, which may include: strapping, banding, wrapping, card-boarding, boxing, baling, weighing and compressing
- Safely operates a powered industrial truck to transport product and paper rolls to various departments
- Responsible for the assembly of shipping cartons to include the following operations: shrink-wrapping and banding
- Prepares all paperwork for shipping
- Evaluates book quality, which includes checking register for off-centers or off loads
- Removes finished goods from presses
- Loads and unloads materials from delivery vehicles and rail cars using loading ramps and tracks roll stock looking for reject rolls
- Maintains roll stock inventory. Review and/ or complete all material logs and production record paperwork as required
- Maintains battery, oil and tires for forklift and conducts daily inspections of equipment for preventative maintenance
- Troubleshoots lift trucks to assess for low oil, fuel and water
- Performs clean-up and waste removal tasks
- Changes out silicone, etch, blanket wash and floor cleaner totes as need and follows all bulk chemical handling policies and procedures
- Coordinates trucking of product with shipping for staging purposes
- Follows all company and OSHA safety regulations and promote safe work habits with peers
- Effective communication between supervisor and incoming/outgoing operator regarding shift expectations
- Assists as needed in the pressroom and other departments
- Learn to operate the clamp truck
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Able to demonstrate English reading, writing and arithmetic at the high school level
- Typically has at least 2 years warehouse experience
- Must possess forklift certification or have ability to complete and maintain certification through on-the-job training, and by continuous safe operation of vehicle
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs. and roll 300-4200lbs. paper rolls
- Have manual dexterity and good hand-eye coordination
- Able to work various shifts and perform on-call duties
- Overtime may be required, and is a condition of employment
Additional Company Information
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.