Offset Second Press Operator
- Taunton, Massachusetts
More than just another employer, we pride ourselves on being a company with a soul. Quad’s culture is built on a rich legacy of passionate, innovative people always striving to find a better way. As a global marketing services provider, Quad leverages worldwide capabilities and leading-edge technology to help brand owners market and distribute their products more efficiently and effectively - transforming the industry with the combined power of digital and print.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, careers at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility as you gain the skills and confidence to advance as our platform evolves. Join the Quad team today and develop your career – work side-by-side with skilled professionals, operate multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, and experience first-hand the values that have guided us from day one. Work hard, move fast, contribute new ideas and proudly wear Quad Blue!
- Full Time and part time positions
- 8 or 12hour shifts
- Level: Entry to Skilled
- Paid Vacation
What makes a successful Machine Operator at Quad?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Goal-oriented 7
- Motivational 5
- Team Player 6
- Innovative 5
- Results Driven 8
- Confident 7
- Problem solver
Everado - Press Operator
“Running a machine is all I wanted to do when I started. I am thankful that I was able to learn a new career and have new opportunities at Quad.”
Learn More About Us
Join Our Ranks – Advancement, Culture and Innovation
Meet Rondell – CareerPath to Success with Quad
Innovate – Quad’s Corporate Values
Quad/Graphics is currently seeking a Second Press Operators for its Taunton facility. This position's duties include, but are not limited to:
- Effectively set up, operate, and troubleshoot press to produce high quality products.
- Responsible for register, cut-off control, ink control, tension control, and closely assisting the Press Operator I in meeting quality, safety, and production goals.
- Maintain a safe work environment and high level of housekeeping on press.
- Keeps accurate press records.
- Assume Press Assistant 1 duties when necessary.
- Must assist with entering mechanical issues(s) into MC database, and follow up as needed with supervisor to ensure correction of all issues as they surface.
- Assists Press Assistant 1 in training, directing and leading crew by example to ensure all goals are met and/or exceeded
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Full understanding of folders, web leads, register, compensation controls and ink controls.
- Must have leadership ability.
- Must be able to keep accurate counts and fill out reports correctly.
- Must be able to distinguish all colors.
- Must know ink/water balance and must be able to maintain registration.
- Must be able to accurately control cut off.
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct problems to produce quality product on a timely basis.
- Must be able to produce clear, understandable production reports.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to react quickly to resolve press problems.
- Ability to perform all essential functions in a safe manner in compliance with established production and quality goals.