$2,000 New Hire Bonus! Accelerated Career Training Program - Up to $21/hr. in two years!
- The Rock, Georgia
More than just another employer, we pride ourselves on being a company with a soul. Quad’s culture is built on a rich legacy of passionate, innovative people always striving to find a better way. As a global marketing services provider, Quad leverages worldwide capabilities and leading-edge technology to help brand owners market and distribute their products more efficiently and effectively - transforming the industry with the combined power of digital and print.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, careers at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility as you gain the skills and confidence to advance as our platform evolves. Join the Quad team today and develop your career – work side-by-side with skilled professionals, operate multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, and experience first-hand the values that have guided us from day one. Work hard, move fast, contribute new ideas and proudly wear Quad Blue!
- Full Time and part time positions
- 8 or 12hour shifts
- Level: Entry to Skilled
- Paid Vacation
What makes a successful Machine Operator at Quad?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Goal-oriented 7
- Motivational 5
- Team Player 6
- Innovative 5
- Results Driven 8
- Confident 7
- Problem solver
Everado - Press Operator
“Running a machine is all I wanted to do when I started. I am thankful that I was able to learn a new career and have new opportunities at Quad.”
Learn More About Us
Join Our Ranks – Advancement, Culture and Innovation
Meet Rondell – CareerPath to Success with Quad
Innovate – Quad’s Corporate Values
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and printing technology. This includes guided vehicles (driverless fork trucks) and world-class digital presses that give our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you’ll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done – something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
The Accelerated Career Training (ACT) program is designed to train candidates with prior experience as machine operators in a manufacturing environment or with mechanical background in another field in the skills necessary to advance to open Operator positions. Starting wage is $16.00-$18.00 per hour depending on experience and mechanical abilities.
We value and reward manufacturing experience by providing a competitive wage. Individuals with print experience can have a starting wage up to $27/hr. As your career progresses, there are multiple upward paths available, as we are continuously looking for our next group of leaders to excel within the organization.
One of Quad’s mega plants is located in The Rock, GA. At over 795 thousand square feet in size, the Rock is CLIMATE CONTROLLED and home to cutting edge equipment and technology. Our employees and their families have access to an onsite medical clinic, fitness center, as well as many recreational outdoor activities like basketball, sand volleyball and horseshoes which are free for employees and their families to enjoy. We offer competitive pay, health, dental, pharmacy and life insurance, 401k, vacation, and other great benefits. For full-time employees, we offer a compressed work schedule where you work half the year!
Our compressed work schedule is geared toward balancing work and family life. You will work 3 to 4, 12 hour days a week with opportunities for overtime (OT paid after 40 hours per week). These shifts rotate throughout the year (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
You will learn the basics from the ground level and then progress to more advanced tasks by condensing training into one year with wage increases as you progress in the program.
The ACT program offers you hands-on technical training designed with feedback from current Operators and combines it with classroom instruction on Safety and Continuous Improvement, as well as training on Quad culture and values, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills. Cross-training is an important program component, giving employees an understanding of other parts of the business.
Training will include but not limited to:
- Learning the printing process from the ground level, including remove product from the end of the machine, work with loose and/or completed product by stacking onto pallets, transferring to tables & placing into a collator hopper or into mail bags.
- Assist other crew members with various duties including webbing up of the press and/or special handwork in order to meet customer requests.
- Setting up, adjusting and operating state of the art printing equipment.
- Machine Maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Safety - Quad’s goal is to ensure all employees return home safe at the end of their shifts – you will learn the importance of safety–a key part of our company’s culture.
- Working with Quad specific computer programs to make your job easier and more efficient.
- Directing a crew through all aspects of production.
- Monitoring productivity and quality.
- Two (2) years of prior experience as a machine operator in a manufacturing environment or demonstrated work history with a mechanical background.
- Ability to read and follow job specifications to determine what is needed to run a job successfully.
- Observe and monitor machine operations to determine whether adjustments are needed to run product for the highest quality in the safest manner
- Skill in performing basic maintenance and troubleshooting using hand tools (i.e. wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.) as well as more specialized hand tools, usually furnished by the machine manufacturer.
- Must have ability to utilize computer to ensure quality of product
- Familiarity with basic mathematics to understand requirements contained in job orders.
- Ability to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, the ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours (12-hour shift), use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement, receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects
- The ability to work a 12 hour rotating shift (either 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. or 7 p.m.-7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends and holidays
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace