Industrial Maintenance Mechanical ApprenticeApply Job ID 18440 Date posted Dec. 16, 2020 Location The Rock, Georgia Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is seeking Industrial Maintenance Mechanical Apprentices for our plant in The Rock, Georgia.
This is a 4-year, State of Georgia approved apprenticeship program that combines on-the-job training with classroom instruction at an approved technical college.
While in the plant, the mechanical apprentice will be responsible for the following:
- Assisting with the installation, servicing and troubleshooting of production and support equipment.
- Completing rotations through various maintenance departments; Quad Metal Works, Predictive, Mechanical Departments in Building, Press, Finishing and Automation.
Upon successful completion of the program, the position will be responsible for performing a wide variety of installation and repair work on mechanical systems.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required, as select candidateswill be required tocomplete a standard admissions assessment at an approved technical college.
- Strong verbal and written comprehension, with the ability to thrive in a team environment and work well under supervision.
- The ability to work responsibly in a variety of environments, including at heights up to 50 feet.
- Mechanical aptitude, strong math skills and basic computer skills, are highly desirable.
- Experience or exposure in an advanced manufacturing environment or recent, skilled trade related classes is preferred but, not required.
- Apprentices may be required to travel locally in order to complete program requirements, therefore, the ability to travel between our plants is essential.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.