Account Director - Direct MarketingApply Job ID 21614 Date posted Jun. 21, 2022 Location Remote Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The primary role of the Strategic Account Director is to successfully lead individual Client relationships on behalf of the Client and Quad. The candidate will manage multiple clients and oversee multiple Account Managers - leading accounts and internal teams effectively and profitably throughout planning and execution of work.
This role is designed to be the key strategic contact with assigned accounts, and the ideal candidate must have a consultative approach to client relationship management. Direct marketing experience, both offline and online, is a plus.
Things you’ll do:
- Act as the primary strategic lead to Clients to lead their direct marketing efforts
- Possess in-depth understanding of Client’s business objectives in order to successfully meet or exceed their metrics and KPIs
- Ability to understand and identify opportunities for continued growth – acting as the “farmer” on the account
- Introduce strategic marketing solutions in line with clients’ needs and implement forward thinking direct marketing plans to drive results
- Actively participate in high-level meetings with Client’s leadership team
- Liaise with clients to problem solve and deliver effective solutions that drive client growth and business
- Manage multiple accounts and Account Managers simultaneously
- Build and maintain client relationships focusing on marketing leadership
- Ensure client is satisfied with performance of our agency team and overall level of service
- Negotiate budgets and deadlines and make detailed presentations justifying costs and schedules
- Develop and oversee the client/agency scope of work and proposals
- Work with project management team to develop project timelines/schedules and task lists
- Display positivity in all engagements with others (at all levels), demonstrating Quad culture and values
- Identify process challenges and work with internal leadership to solve
- Work effectively to manage work across internal business units
- Develop strong relationships and partner with key SMEs across Quad service areas to deliver on client goals and initiatives
- Keep management informed regularly of events/issues that could impact client relationship
- Ensure team adheres to established processes and procedures to insure timely and accurate delivery of Client’s services
Things we need:
- Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communication, marketing or related field preferred
- Proven track record in developing, implementing and analyzing successful direct marketing programs – financial services DM experience a plus”
- Ability to assess and analyze results, data and research to provide insights, recommendations and deltas to constantly iterate toward improving results
- Strong presentation skills to varied audiences with polished business acumen and rhetoric
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to navigate challenging client communications and complex situations
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience including, but not limited to: direct mail, direct marketing, retail and financial marketing
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
Education: Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communication, marketing or related field preferred.
(MBA a plus)
Experience: Minimum 5-7 years of account management experience within direct marketing agency
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: N/A
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proven track record of senior level account management and managerial experience with successful track record of organizing and motivating teams to meet and exceed goals and objectives.
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically in order to align Quad's services with customer needs.
- Direct Marketing knowledge and expertise with a solid understanding of marketing strategy, research and analytics, multi-variant testing strategies
- Experience developing and managing to budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships - at the most senior levels.
- Strong business acumen and knowledge to assess new business opportunities and when to change current account strategies.
- Exceptional negotiation skills required.
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to clients' needs and issues.
- Advanced written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex concepts/business issues verbally and in writing to clients, associates and management.
- Ability to relate to and develop relationships with Client’s at all levels of leadership.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Travel as required, with possibility of short-term temporary assignments (out-of-town).
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.