Account ManagerApply Job ID 18989 Date posted Mar. 24, 2021 Location Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Account Manager position is a fast-paced and dynamic support role. Success comes by demonstrating a passion for ideas, data and analytics, and a drive for making other people's jobs easier.
ABOUT THE GIG:
- Maintain effective working relationships with all client personnel who interface with the agency
- Ensure that agency work meets or exceeds client’s and agency’s quality standards, is presented in a professional manner, is delivered in a timely fashion and is kept within the client’s budget
- Become a recognized expert in the client’s business, including company business goals and objectives, products, markets, industry, distribution, etc.
- Working with manager, client and other agency departments, develop and write situation analysis, strategic guides, SWOT analysis, positioning analysis, marketing communications objectives, strategies and tactics and other strategic planning documents as necessary and appropriate to each client
- Develop clear, measurable goals and objectives for client programs and projects, as well as action plans for implementing strategies to measure the effectiveness of agency’s work
- Build client confidence in the agency, manage client expectations, ensure that client gets “no surprises” and ultimately accepts the agency’s strategic and creative work
- Ensure that agency avoids legal liability through proper claims substantiation, and by confidential treatment of proprietary client information
- Provide leadership to ensure all departments of the agency get written and verbal information and direction as needed to “get it right the first time” and to meet or exceed client’s quality, budget and delivery expectations
- Maintain written records of all directions, work orders, recommendations, meetings, etc., which result in client decisions or approvals, particularly authorizations to proceed with chargeable services
- Keep all members of account teams informed of client acceptance or objections to agency’s work
- Keep supervisor current on issues that may affect the client-agency relationship, especially any problems or indications of dissatisfaction with agency performance that may affect ability to meet or exceed revenue quotas
- Continually be alert to opportunities to sell assigned clients additional Periscope products and services or to penetrate new areas of the client organization
- Always be alert to any business development opportunities, collaborate with manager in qualifying prospect and planning a marketing strategy, maintain contact with assigned business development prospects and issue contact reports
- Lead and/or assist in the preparation and presentation of new business “pitches” as requested by manager
- Represent the agency’s mission, capabilities and goals accurately to assigned clients, business development prospects and other potential industry allies (i.e., vendors, peers, etc.)
- Take all appropriate actions to meet or exceed agreed-upon revenue goals
- Review and approve proposals, estimates, job costs, invoices and credit memos, resolve any problems and ensure that client receives adequate explanation for any unexpected billings
- Take appropriate action to collect past due invoicing
- Record and review chargeable time, expenses and all other records and reports consistent with agency policies and procedures
- Adhere to Periscope policies and procedures as outlined in the Periscope Handbook
- Maintain high level of professionalism in all internal and external communication, including e-mail, voicemail, correspondence, etc.
- Record expenses and billable time completely and accurately on a weekly basis
- Perform other duties from time to time to meet the changing needs of the agency
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 years in marketing/marketing communications/advertising in agency or client organization (agency preferred), or equivalent
- Comfort navigating spreadsheets and strong ability to deal with complex numerical situations
- Experience handling multifaceted budgets
- Healthcare industry experience beneficial, but not required
- Demonstrated ability to handle high-stress situations with effective results
- Flexibility to work/communicate effectively with different types of people
- Strong client management, negotiation and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Relocation to Minnesota is not required
Periscope and Quad are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Periscope and Quad do not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Periscope and Quad also prohibit harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Create customized postal and distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time.
Provide health and wellness solutions to transform the delivery of health care.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.