Account SupervisorApply Job ID 19217 Date posted Apr. 21, 2021 Location Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
With an opportunity to work remotely or out of one of our three locations in Minneapolis, MN, Chicago, IL or Dallas, TX, the Account Supervisor will lead, manage and build strong client relationships through the development of effective business, marketing and advertising strategies and plans. To ensure high standards in all areas of agency work, the Account Supervisor will partner with the client in a manner that meets or exceeds the client’s objectives consistent with Periscope’s mission, objectives and values, resulting in a profit for the agency.
ABOUT THE GIG:
- Actively manage and orchestrate effective working relationships with all client personnel who interface with the agency
- Ensure agency work meets or exceed client’s and agency’s quality standards, is presented in a professional manner, is delivered in a timely fashion and is kept within the client’s budget
- Become a business resource for the client by being a recognized expert in the client’s business, including company business goals and objectives, products, markets, industry, distribution, etc.
- Working with staff, client and other agency departments, oversee the development of situation analysis, strategic guides, SWOT analysis, positioning analysis, marketing communications objectives, strategies and tactics and other strategic planning documents as necessary and appropriate for each client
- Oversee the development of clear, measurable goals and objectives for client programs and projects and implement strategies to measure the effectiveness of agency’s work
- Build client confidence in the agency, manage client expectations, ensure that client gets “no surprises” and ultimately accepts the agency’s strategic and creative work
- Ensure that the agency avoids legal liability through proper claims substantiation and by confidential treatment of proprietary client information
- Provide leadership to ensure all departments of the agency get written and verbal information and direction as needed to “get it right the first time” and to meet or exceed the client’s quality, budget and delivery expectations
- Manage agency resources to ensure that there are written records of all directions, work orders, recommendations, meetings, etc., which result in client decisions or approvals, particularly authorizations to proceed with chargeable services
- Keep all members of account teams informed of client acceptance or objections to agency’s work
- Keep management current on issues that may affect the client-agency relationship, especially any problems or indications of dissatisfaction with agency performance that may affect ability to meet or exceed revenue quotas
- Look for and cultivate opportunities to sell assigned clients additional Periscope products and services or to penetrate new areas of the client organization
- Seek out business development opportunities, collaborate with management in qualifying prospect and planning a marketing strategy and maintain contact with assigned business development prospects
- Lead and/or assist in the preparation and presentation of new business “pitches” as requested
- Represent the agency’s mission, capabilities and goals accurately to assigned clients, business development prospects and other potential industry allies (i.e., vendors, peers, etc.)
- Take all appropriate actions to meet or exceed agreed-upon revenue goals
- Staff Management and Development
- Manage staff resources on accounts to ensure appropriate staffing level, coverage and capabilities in an efficient and effective manner
- Manage and develop account staff to meet the needs of the client, Periscope and the individual and ensure continued career growth
- As an agency leader, support in the management and development of all Periscope staff through sharing of best practices, providing leadership, sharing expectations, solving problems and working with their respective managers for better quality work and career development
- Look for new learning experiences for staff members, train them on new processes, businesses, technologies, thinking and problem solving and find time to aid them in their development
- Be a resource and a mentor to the rest of the account team
- Oversee the process of proposals, estimates, job costs, invoices and credit memos, resolve any problems and ensure the client receives adequate explanation for any unexpected billings
- Take appropriate action to collect past due invoicing
- Record and review chargeable time, expenses and all other records and reports consistent with agency policies and procedures
- Adhere to Periscope policies and procedures as outlined in the Periscope Handbook
- Maintain high level of professionalism in all internal and external communication, including email, voicemail, correspondence, etc.
- Record expenses and billable time completely and accurately on a weekly basis
- Perform other duties from time to time to meet the changing needs of the agency
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 7-10 years in marketing/marketing communications/advertising experience; agency preferred but not required
- Experience with the video production process, from pre-production through shoot and editing
- Demonstrated ability to handle high-stress situations with effective results
- Flexibility to work/communicate effectively with different types of people
- Strong client management, negotiation and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task
- Creative problem-solving and decision-making skills and excellent judgment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to effectively manage and motivate a team
- Strong leadership skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office software
- A passion for the business
- Relocation to Minnesota is NOT required
Periscope and Quad are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Periscope and Quad do not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Periscope and Quad also prohibit harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Create customized postal and distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time.
Provide health and wellness solutions to transform the delivery of health care.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.