Advertising SpecialistApply Job ID 20966 Date posted Nov.. 02, 2021 Location Remote Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Advertising Specialist will act at all times to assure the highest level of ethics, professionalism and personal performance possible. He or she will work enthusiastically to meet or exceed all performance goals set by Quad and will contribute his or her utmost to assist Quad in achieving its stated goals. Quad expects that all employees, including the Advertising Specialist, to fully support Quad’s position/relationship with its Clients.
- Collaborate with account manager, team members and client on a regular basis to manage workflow priorities and deadlines
- Work with pagination and product mix to develop page layouts and final page production.
- Learn job tracking systems and assist in managing projects
- Follow established proofing and check-off procedures
- Act as liaison between Client and premedia
- Understand the printing process to ensure that pages, signs and collateral are built correctly for printing
- Advise Manager on copy legibility and discrepancy issue in ad plans
- Work efficiently through high volumes, meeting tight deadlines with minimum amount of kickbacks
- Create and produce page layouts that promote the client’s brand and sales objectives.
- Graphic design new items in ad pages, including copy and images. Develop and use sources provided to add images and creative elements to pages as necessary
- Work with brand standards and guidelines
- Revise ads as required through the proofing process, checking for missing elements, re-arranging copy blocks and other ad elements as needed
- Provide additional creative client support on special projects as needed
- Maintain accuracy in page building and error-free documents
- Be creative and develop various signs and support materials as needed
- Demonstrate the ability to perform well and remain organized under tight deadlines
- Assist in project and/or client customer needs by providing creative concept ideas (as needed)
- Assist in finding efficiencies for the department
- Attend and actively participate in weekly production meetings
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Vo-tech education with computer emphasis
- 3 years computer layout experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be computer literate with proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS Access/ Express the ability to learn new computer systems
- Ability to speak, read, and write in the English language
- Macintosh based hardware and software systems that include but are not limited to:
- Adobe Creative Cloud – InDesign CC, Photoshop CC and Illustrator CC, Microsoft Office and Acrobat
- Ad layout and production skills
- Good spelling, grammar and typing
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.