Associate Director of Social & Digital StrategyApply Job ID 22473 Date posted May. 12, 2022 Location Remote Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Associate Director of Digital and Social Strategy
]We are looking for someone to drive our agency’s understanding of how brands can best leverage social platforms, social and digital trends and influencers to create modern and compelling digital experiences. As we increasingly live our lives through screens, it’s crucial that we bring digital first thinking to our clients and ensure that our agency is on the pulse of how social media is leading our culture. As a key member of the agency’s strategy team, this role will be responsible for leading the team driving these efforts. The ideal candidate keeps their eye on emerging trends and platforms, while guiding how we create holistic experiences for brands in these spaces. They understand how social and digital strategies work within a broader communications plan, they understand the changing landscape of influence, they can inform how we create more seamless digital experiences, and they understand how the landscape of social is changing and how brands and marketers can stay ahead.
ABOUT THE GIG:
- Set the vision for how Periscope approaches and executes social strategy on our clients’ behalf. Refining how this process works within the broader strategy and creative process.
- Identify what is on the horizon for key social and digital trends, emerging platforms and experiences. You will help ensure our teams and clients are on the pulse.
- Be the agency’s digital and social leader and champion. Keeps the agency and teams inspired and excited about the possibility of what can be done in the social platforms our brands should show up on.
- Inform and ensure that we are effectively leveraging performance data, social listening and audience data to inform social and consumer experience strategies (ex. platforms, tactics, best practices, etc.)
- Bring bold ideas to our teams. Challenge our thinking with your fresh perspective to ensure we are delivering modern, compelling social ideas that will get noticed and drive demand.
- Work closely with media team to ensure that our brands show up in the right spaces and places and we create holistic plans that leverage our social and digital expertise.
- Collaborate closely with creative teams to ensure ideas are relevant, strategic and will break through in recommended platforms.
- Able to develop new business case studies for social and consumer experiences, create new scopes, develop, and present compelling pitches and contribute to relevant thought leadership initiatives.
- Leads the charge and strategy behind the agency’s owned social presence. Working close with the agency leadership and PR teams.
- Report to the head of strategy as a key strategic leader and channel expert within the agency.
- Bring your outside passions, unique interests, and whole self to the role!
- Follow a diverse set of voices, perspectives, and categories on social
- Enjoy education and getting others excited about social
- Passionate about ensuring that we are creating seamless and connected experiences
- Compelling and persuasive storyteller
- Doesn’t use 20 pages to explain what they can in 5
- Likes collaborating with others
- Has the technical know-how when it comes to ins and outs of each social platform
- Thinks strategically across platforms: paid, owned, earned and shared
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or work experience, with emphasis on social media, marketing and advertising/communications, strategic development, etc.
- 6+ years of agency or relevant experience in social media with a focus on strategic development
- Strong understanding of integrated social campaigns; experience across multiple media forms
- Experience working collaboratively
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently in a deadline-driven process
- Strong self-motivated and self-starting personality
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Provide health and wellness solutions to transform the delivery of health care.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.