Associate Marketing Account ManagerApply Job ID 20643 Date posted Sep. 23, 2021 Location Remote Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Associate Account Manager builds strong client relationships by creating effective marketing strategies that meet each client’s unique needs in a responsive, efficient, effective and accurate manner. This position achieves the clients’ marketing objectives in a creative, strategic way that results in a profit to the agency and delivers on Periscope’s Mission. This is a fast-paced and dynamic role, and success comes by demonstrating a passion for ideas.
ABOUT THE GIG:
- Develop and create situation analysis, strategic guides, SWOT analysis, positioning analysis, marketing communications objectives, strategies and tactics and other strategic planning documents as necessary and appropriate to each client’s unique marketing strategies, goals, and objectives
- Create and present deliverables, presentations, and creative and production briefs for clients
- Learn each client’s business, including unique business goals and objectives, products, markets, industry, distribution, etc.
- Analyze client’s sales and communications efforts to develop ideas to improve effectiveness in market
- Depending on client, may be the primary point of contact for project engagements
- Handle details, including reports, agendas, billing, asset management, estimates, delivery, faxing, internal communications, proofing, etc., for the client.
- Work with project manager, producer, media and other staff to ensure timely, accurate delivery on all client jobs
- Track competitive communications and prepare analysis as needed
- Build working relationships with appropriate client personnel who interface with the agency
- Ensure that agency work meets quality standards, is presented in a professional manner, is delivered in a timely fashion and is kept within the client’s budget
- Build client confidence in the agency, manage client expectations, ensure that client gets “no surprises” and ultimately accepts the agency’s thinking and work
- Provide leadership to ensure all departments of the agency get written and verbal information and direction as needed to “get it right the first time” and to meet quality, budget and delivery expectations
- Provide clear, concise and accurate reports, calls, etc. to clients
- Maintain records of client decisions or approvals, particularly authorizations to proceed with chargeable services
- Keep all members of account teams informed of client acceptance or objections to agency’s work
- Keep the team current on issues that may affect the client-agency relationship, especially any problems or indications of dissatisfaction with agency performance that may affect ability to meet or exceed revenue quotas
- Represent the agency’s mission, capabilities and goals accurately to assigned clients, business development prospects and other potential industry allies (i.e. vendors, peers, etc.)
- Review and approve proposals, estimates, job costs, invoices, and credit memos and resolve any problems. Ensure that client receives adequate explanation for any unexpected billings
- Adhere to Periscope policies and procedures as outlined in the Periscope Handbook
- Maintain high level of professionalism in all internal and external communication, including e-mail, voicemail, correspondence, etc.
- Record expenses and billable time completely and accurately on a weekly basis
- Perform other duties from time to time to meet the changing needs of the agency
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 1-3 years in marketing/marketing communications/advertising in agency or client organization (agency preferred), or equivalent
- B.A. in business (marketing preferred), journalism or liberal arts with strong business curriculum
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Creative problem solving and decision-making skills; excellent judgment
- Strong client management, negotiation and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle high stress situations with effective results
- Flexibility to work/communicate effectively with different types of people
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to deal with complex numerical situations
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent customer service and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong leadership skills
- Desire to learn, be continually challenged and grow
ADDITIONAL COMPANY INFORMATION:
Periscope and Quad are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Periscope and Quad do not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Periscope and Quad also prohibit harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Create customized postal and distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time.
Provide health and wellness solutions to transform the delivery of health care.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.