Broadcast SupervisorApply Job ID 20458 Date posted Aug.. 30, 2021 Location Remote Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Broadcast Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of broadcast media management for assigned clients and media teams. The Broadcast Supervisor oversees a team of broadcast buyers to ensure flawless execution of the media strategy and buying, and team / relationship building while ensuring efficiencies for both the client and Quad. The Supervisor works closely with the Manager to ensure team members receive training in key areas of required expertise (vendor negotiations, media systems, tools, research) and fulfill their areas of responsibility. The Supervisor must maintain quality control of all team activations and stimulate team productivity as well as collaboration with our clients, strategy, client services and vendors.
The Broadcast Supervisor is responsible for managing and executing multiple schedules, budgets and deliverables, while effectively and profitably leading an account team and flawless execution of work:
- Effectively manage all aspects of broadcast buys from negotiation through maintenance and payment
- Collaborate with planners to aid the development of media plans for assigned clients
- Engage and activate buyers in the implementation of all client-approved plans (ongoing)
- Foster and implement positive, collaborative, proactive communication with client services / account management / creative/ client (via in-person, phone or email)
- Maintain a solid understanding of clients’ brands/products/markets/and target audiences
- Ensure accountability of client investment including posting of buys and invoice reconciliation
- Create, implement and support best practices across the team and within the department; identify areas for operational efficiencies and leverage Quad tools and technology for the benefit of our clients
- Effectively lead and train team members while fostering accountability and ownership; marshal resources, as necessary, to ensure work is completed accurately and timely; lead and direct the work of other support staff, as appropriate
- Anticipate client needs in response to changing media and market landscapes by providing proactive info and solutions
- Meet tight deadlines within established budgets
- Miscellaneous projects / duties, as assigned or requested by Director
- Bachelor’s degree (communications, marketing, or advertising) or equivalent
- 7+ years of progressive levels of responsibility in media planning, buying and management
- Demonstrate superior skills for the above responsibilities and requirements
- Strong media and vendor management skills along with demonstrated leadership and collaboration skills
- Relentless focus on client satisfaction with proven ability to exceed client expectations
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with all clients and vendors, and all levels of the organization
- Strong background in broadcast (linear and non-linear) planning, buying and executing media plans
- Strong analytical skills and command of media buying, research and reporting resource and tools
- Ability to identify / recruit / retain talent; experience positively managing personnel issues
- Ability to lead and develop a high-performing team
- Working knowledge of other media a plus (i.e. digital, print, search, social, OOH, etc.)
- Passion for a purpose-driven, team oriented, client-first, cross-functional culture
- Possesses a desire for excellence and a passion to succeed in a rapid-paced, deadline-committed environment where everyone is expected to be hands-on
- Exhibit sound business judgment to navigate through everyday client and team challenges
- Proficient in Strata or MediaOcean as well as knowledge in research/data tools (SQAD, Kantar, Nielsen, comScore, PrimeLingo, etc.)
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.