Business Analyst IIApply Job ID 18401 Date posted Dec. 14, 2020 Location Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The Business Analyst II is responsible for researching, gathering, and documenting requirements and later collaborating with team members to frame out and translate these requirements into meaningful user experiences and strategies while ensuring quality products. The Business Analyst will solicit requirements through interviews, workshops, and/or existing analytics, systems documentation or procedures and will collaborate hand intimately with strategy and product management team members to configure a business solve.
This individual must have a proven track record of documenting technology requirements and managing SDLC (Systems Development Life Cycle), while also possessing knowledge of the MarTech/AdTech (Marketing Technology/Advertising Technology) space.
- Providing Analysis and Solution Definition
- Quickly understand the business issues and information challenges of client's organization and industry.
- Identify client organization's strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement.
- Create requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
- Frame and align client needs to best of breed web solutions based on industry knowledge, including:
- Content Management Systems
- Social Media
- Third Party Integration (APIs, XML, Web Services)
- Rich Media
- Browser Capabilities (Responsive Design, HTML 5, CSS3)
- Gather Requirements by:
- Leading brainstorming sessions
- Conducting stakeholder interviews
- Performing competitive analyses
- Performing heuristic evaluations
- Leveraging third party research
- Performing original industry research
- Creates/revises the following analysis artifacts:
- Business Rules and Requirements
- Uses Cases, User Stories, and User Flows
- Define Functional Requirements and Specifications
- System/Technical Requirements
- Quality Assurance Acceptance Tests
- Present complex concepts in a meaningful and concise manner for clients, project stakeholders, team members, and end users.
- Understand organizational dependencies, regulatory constraints, technical limitations, and other factors that may impact the user experience.
- Identify risks and provide potential solutions
- Communicate and collaborate with project managers, information architects, developers, designers, and clients in all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Work in a team environment.
- Provide technical recommendations and perform testing.
- Support testing efforts.
- Help ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on, and resolved in a timely manner.
- Work with project team for impact analysis of requirement updates.
- Support change control and change management activities.
- Works with project team on impact analysis of requirement updates
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, information systems, or related field, or equivelent combination of education and experience.
- At least 2 years prior analyst experience preferred
- Understanding of Agile Development Methodology
- Experience in managing small to medium sized projects
- Demonstrated skills in helping competing groups come to consensus
- Expertise in modeling of business processes - both current and future
- Working knowledge of business process and system development
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong analytical, organizational & time management skills
- Helps ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on, and resolved
- Understanding of Agile Development Methodology
- Experience dealing with external vendors
- Experience setting up test scenarios
- Experience/understanding of business process modeling concepts, business systems development and analysis
- Demonstrates the ability to perform well and remain organized under tight deadlines
- Awareness of general advertising, marketing, media, TV and radio terminology and processes
- MS Project and MS Visio a plus
- Awareness of general business, CRM and IT strategy
- Knowledge of the web, internet, and FTP technology
- Knowledge of technical solutions and troubleshooting techniques
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- General UI/UX skills and experience
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.