Business Systems AnalystApply Job ID 21359 Date posted Apr.. 20, 2022 Location Remote Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad (NYSE:QUAD), a global marketing services provider that helps brand owners market their products, services and content more efficiently and effectively, is seeking a highly-motivated professional to fill a Senior Business Systems Analyst opening. This role will be particularly critical to providing business insight across the Finance Department.
- The Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for:
- Work with internal partners to elicit and capture business needs; understand the manufacturing and agency processes in order to further enhance reporting
- Develop, maintain and deliver critical business metric reporting as required by various business functions within the Finance department (Credit and Collections, Accounts Payable, Financial Planning & Advanced Analytics, etc).
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for creation of reports of operation and business data.
- Work in coordination with the Business Intelligence team to best integrate and utilize our business systems (where applicable)
- Define detailed user requirements to enhance the design and development of internal systems.
- Work with various business department and IT groups in implementing and testing system development
- Recommend changes in workflows and practices to maximize effectiveness and efficiencies for the business based on expertise
- Create and maintain documentation to increase the self-service of our internal finance users
- Help identify and provide recommendations on new/exciting support tools that may serve needs across the finance department
- Maintain and/or create Microsoft Access Databases used for analysis of data, posting of financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Provide user support for Access Databases by identifying problems; researching solutions and guiding users through corrective steps.
- Assist in the administration and accuracy of the company’s revenue recognition adjustment recorded on a quarterly basis to convert from percentage of completion (internal method) to shipment (external method).
- Proficiency navigating relational database environments (Microsoft SQLSERVER / ORACLE). Understanding of TSQL, SQL Scripting, Data Modeling concepts, DBMS indexing, stored procedures, functions, and views.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (including VBA, Pivot Tables, array functions, Power Pivots, etc.)
- Technical competence to build out an analytics suite: experience with analytics and data design (SQL) as well as visualization tools (Tableau) is required
- Experience analyzing, documenting, and improving business processes
- Ability and desire to provide excellent customer service
- Strong communication, social, and analytical skills
- Ability to work responsibly with minimal direction
- Proven analytical problem solving skills in a complex space, attention to detail, and exceptional communication & organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage a broad range of tasks with a variety of stakeholders and a track record of efficiently meeting deadlines
- Generate ad hoc and recurring business analysis, based on stakeholder needs
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analyst role
- BA/BS in Business, Information Systems, Finance or related field preferred
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.