Chief Medical OfficerApply Job ID 18803 Date posted Feb. 15, 2021 Location Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
- Develops, implements, and evaluates clinical practice protocols in collaboration with the clinical staff, facilitating the transition to evidenced based practices. Drives the development of a culture of patient safety.
- Ongoing implementation of the Quality Improvement Plan to assure safe and effective patient care. Oversees the Medical Staff Peer Review and Quality Review functions to provide for ongoing and focused professional practice evaluations.
- Integrates, monitors, and evaluates quality assurance, disease management, and utilization review activities and develops standards to improve quality outcomes both clinically and administratively to ensure the highest standards in treatment and care of patients and to ensure compliance with all relevant licensing and accrediting bodies. Provides leadership and vision in the development of clinical guidelines and care pathways.
- Serves as a member of the senior management team and assists in strategic development of initiatives and programs. Participates in the annual operating and capital budget process providing input regarding budgets of medical affairs, clinical quality, and program and facility development.
- Is responsible for provider engagement strategies including supporting clinical staff recruitment and promoting programs which enhance provider satisfaction.
- Establishes benchmarks for key performance indicators.
- Serves as the leader of medical staff and President of the QuadMed Quality Group.
- Participates in the development of clinical information systems and electronic medical records to allow proper utilization of clinical data and feedback to providers regarding practice patterns and performance.
- Defines the roles of medical staff leaders including department medical directors. Ensures medical staff development plans and programs are implemented and maintained. Cultivates leadership for the Medial Staff. Supports team and individual growth among leaders.
- Assures medical staff compliance with bylaws, rules and regulations, as well as policies, procedures, and behavior standards.
- Provides support to and is ultimately responsible for the organization’s Quality and infection control programs.
- Supports the quality initiatives and the clinical integration initiatives of QuadMed.
- Assist in reviewing physician contracts, compensation, and stipends for physicians with duties in the health and wellness centers as needed
- Regularly attends all relevant medical staff meetings, administrative team meetings, and board meetings where appropriate.
- Must have regular, reliable, predictable attendance in performance of essential job functions.
- During an emergency, disaster, or catastrophic event CMO may be assigned to any disaster service activity that promotes the protection of public health and safety
- Medical degree from an accredited medical school and completion of a Family Medicine or Internal Medicine/Pediatrics Residency Program.
- Previous medical office experience
- Previous computer experience or training required
- Experience with designing effective clinical practice patterns and clinical protocols to decrease inappropriate utilization and enhance quality outcomes. Must be current and up-to-date on clinical quality, benchmarking, and best practices
- Minimum 10 years of patient care experience along with 5 years of senior management experience in a healthcare setting
- Prior experience as Chief Medical Director preferred. Prior leadership experience in hospital and/or provider clinical quality is required. Candidates with other significant provider leadership experience will also be considered
- Experience in developing data tools to evaluate clinical outcomes and an understanding of healthcare information technology is required. Previous experience with EMR implementations is helpful.
- Board certification or eligibility required
- Active state license and DEA
- CPR, and all applicable certifications required (must be obtained with 30 days of employment)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to travel as needed
- Must be willing to be licensed in multiple states.
- Demonstrated understanding of regulatory and accreditation standards and the issues and principles of healthcare laws and regulations.
- High integrity, honesty, and openness
- Comfortable with public speaking
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.