Client Technology - Transition SpecialistApply Job ID 21030 Date posted Nov.. 16, 2021 Location Remote Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Transition Specialist works with Solutioning, Product Management, our customer, and all related parties internally or externally to lead successful transitions from complex legacy platforms. This role will be particularly critical to reduce business cost and risk to Quad and its clients.
The Transition Specialist will be responsible for:
- Execute in a team responsible for converting clients from a legacy platform(s) to strategic platform(s).
- Transition may be as minimal as a simple client configuration of existing software or may be as robust as multiple new development efforts that integrate with upstream client functions and downstream Quad production, distribution and analytics services.
- Support agile projects that focus on aligning strategic platform features with legacy features to development user stories
- Assist in the development of tools to assist client transition such as workflow mapping, swimlane mapping, systems diagrams, personas and RACIs to clarify process, roles and responsibilities of the future state.
- Coordinate beta and live testing of end to end systems prior to production
- Troubleshoot and course correct system imperfections
- Assist in the execution of the plan to ensure a clean handoff from implementation to “run the business” team
- Collaboration between solutioning, development, product management and “run the business team”.
- Provide internal and external training where appropriate, in conjunction with solutioning and product management
- Perform project management, including schedule creation and management, cost management, resource management, and client relationship management.
- Develop strong relationships with clients during transition to new platform
- Analyze test results and recommending modifications to the applications to meet project specifications
- Contribute in building prototypes – bringing concepts to initial implementations – including design, coding to testing
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems or Management Information Systems
- Minimum 2 years of delivery experience covering planning and mobilization, experience with Solution Planning and Deal Shaping for technical solutions for Retail Marketing vertical, delivering Enterprise, Commercial, Off-The-Shelf software to a large customer base and solutions experience including estimating, configuration, costing, sourcing and client interfacing/selling (RFI/RFP, Orals/Workshops)
- Minimum of 1 year designing test solutions for complex software applications, collecting business requirements, creating business/technical requirements, and developing use case/sequence diagrams
- Client facing experience
- 1 year collaborating with multiple teams in software development, application delivery, QA, and support
- Experience with or understanding of platforms such as Teradata, Percolate, Siebel, SAS, Aprimo, Bynder, Brand Maker, Workfront a plus
- Experience with wire framing tools such as Visio, Balsamiq, etc.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.