Clinical Quality & Occupational Health CoordinatorApply Job ID 18028 Date posted Oct. 12, 2020 Location Remote Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
QuadMed is seeking a Clinical Quality and Occupational Health Coordinator to add to our expanding Clinical Quality Team. The Clinical Quality and Occupational Health Coordinator is the primary medically-oriented back-up for both the Clinical Quality and the Occupational Health areas at QuadMed. This position will have a primary focus in the design, implementation, and on-going evaluation of Occupational Health projects and programs. This position will also provide the back-up technical support for multiple areas in Clinical Quality including Population Health, Outreach, Emergency Response, Infectious Disease, Employee Health, Community Health as well as new medical policies, procedures, and programs.
Occupational Health Roles (50%)
- Developing and implementing client-directed Occupational Health and Safety programs such as:
- Work-related Injury Treatment
- Respiratory Protection
- Workplace Hazard Assessments
- Developing disease prevention programs, such as smoking cessation, exercise, and healthy eating programs
- Technical oversight for programs related to treating injuries and illnesses for employees, including follow-ups and referrals
- Overseeing and implementing emergency and disaster preparedness programs and planning
- Counseling employees on physical and mental health issues and guiding them toward community resources and/or employee assistance programs
- Assist in the development of client COVID-19 Response projects
- Provide additional occupational health duties as assigned
- Support business development for existing and prospective client locations
Clinical Quality Roles (40%)
- Develop and implement medical policies, procedures, and protocols based upon published medical studies, regulatory guidelines, and clinical judgement in collaboration with the Chief Medical Officer, Medical Directors, and the Medical Executive Committee.
- Assist the in the development of the QuadMed Population Health program (Healthy Planet, etc.)
- Support in the expansion of client Outreach interventions
- Aid in the creation of Emergency Response and Disaster Planning
- Provide technical guidance in development of programs for Infectious Disease, Employee Health, and Community Health
Additional Administrative Roles & Responsibilities (10%)
- Function as a liaison between employees and internal QuadMed resources
- Assume responsibility and accountability for time management, professional relationships and interpersonal communication
- Perform educational outreach activities as needed for both internal and external stakeholders
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a clinical environment
- Experience working in an infection control program as it related to: Prevention of exposure to infectious diseases; reduction in the transmission of infectious agents; and evaluation of infection control programs preferred
- Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating of policies and procedures relative to infection control preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with valid RN license preferred
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN or COHN-S) preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Possesses the ability to create, maintain and enhance stakeholder relationships
- Must be extremely detail oriented and possess critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Must be able to effectively handle team dynamics and potentially high pressure client demands and deadlines
- Must be competent in the Windows operating system environment, Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint) and learn other software as needed
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more!
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.