Clinical Systems AnalystApply Job ID 25063 Date posted Jan. 23, 2023 Location Remote
QuadMed is seeking a Clinical Systems Analyst to join out team! The System Analyst is responsible for maintaining the Electronic Medical Record Application, Epic Ambulatory and Lab, including system design, configuration/build, optimization, support, maintenance, issue analysis and resolution, training materials and to maximize patient safety, system efficiency and usability.
- Analyzes business and user requirements and collaborates with teams to design and build technology or process solutions which automate or improve the EMR system to support business strategies while considering cost vs value and alternate solutions
- Manages the clinician experience with the EMR by guiding the solution design, training resources, and supporting processes to ensure the successful engagement and sustainment of the solution while considering associated workflows and how the application(s) integrate with the clinical environments
- Maintains accountability and fosters communication with colleagues and customers, as evidenced by utilization of e-mail, PMO documentation (e.g., agenda/minutes, status), SBAR, root cause analysis, change management system, etc.
- Produces quality deliverables throughout the change lifecycle, demonstrated by design session deliverables, knowledgeable build activities, essential testing functions, and comprehensive implementation methodology
- Supports and maintains the EMR by working with the IT Helpdesk and vendor in analyzing current issues and resolving through short term corrective action, root cause analysis, permanent corrective action process
- Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed clinical/operational data requirements for patient and client reporting and proposes system developments to support the reports. Works with Reporting team to ensure proper system design to facilitate data capture (i.e., Informatics / Data Integrity)
- Understands the integration points of EMR architecture and provides direction for testing such points in concert with review and oversight for test plans and strategies. Directs team to consider impact of builds and system updates on integration points
- Researches latest Healthcare technologies, regulatory requirements, statutes, etc. which enhances the EMR and proposes/implements compliant solutions. Supports EMR related projects in the role of system subject matter expert regarding the system in question
- Manages change management related to systems including developing release notes, coordinating system upgrades, developing training resources and working with the Training Department to train-the-trainer and deploy the training
- Promotes teamwork, stewardship and accountability throughout the department
- Leads Informatics Team subgroups or pilot teams in deploying new solutions
- Participates in vendor demos, site visits, and system health checks
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum two (2) years in IT in a healthcare organization required
- Clinical and/or Lab experience strongly preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- EpicCare Ambulatory certification required
- Epic Orders Transmittal certification strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with design, build and configuration of an EMR environment
- Experience with clinical workflows; in an ambulatory setting preferred
- Broad knowledge of and experience with clinical applications and their interdependencies
- Experience with multi-facility design, planning and coordination of complex IS systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare business
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience
- Demonstrated business analysis skills and experience
- Strong time management skills and ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across multiple disciplines
- Demonstrated customer service and collaboration skills working with end users
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.