Content EditorApply Job ID 20571 Date posted Sep. 14, 2021 Location Remote Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Periscope is a full-service creative agency on a mission to Do Things People Love. We are an idea-centric culture with world-class creativity, providing unique, in-depth understanding and expertise for every touchpoint in the consumer journey. Every action and decision we make manifests in this notion. Layered within this idea are the opportunities and responsibilities that allow us to practice what we preach.
As a retail product copy focused member of Periscope's content editing team, you’ll write and copy for a variety of consumer products — from apparel to furniture to food — applying AP style, client brand standards and your ability to tailor messaging to the right audience. You’ll also perform project management duties to move copy through our content creation process, such as navigating client asset management systems and communicating with internal and external teams about priorities and deadlines. You might be right for the job if you have serious English language expertise, a knack for understanding the needs and desire of different audiences, and super strong organizational and communication skills.
ABOUT THE GIG:
- You’ll translate raw product information into compelling, benefit-focused copy that follows SEO best practices and helps drive sales
- You’ll collaborate seamlessly with your team to share workload, guarantee accuracy, solve problems and meet deadlines
- You’ll communicate with account managers and client contacts to keep stakeholders informed about timelines and to resolve issues
- You’ll juggle multiple projects through smart time management and strong organizational skills
- You’ll balance focusing on tiny details — like correct placement of every comma and apostrophe — with keeping clients’ business goals in mind and staying loyal to their brand stories
- You’ll ensure all copy that crosses your desk uses flawless grammar, adheres to client style guides and speaks to the right audience in an accessible way
- You’ll perform other duties from time to time to meet the changing needs of the agency
- Your friends always asked you to proofread their papers because of your stellar grammar and spelling skills
- You know what makes a good story and how to tell one, even if it’s about an armchair or a cardigan
- You're a creative problem-solver who demonstrates excellent judgment and is cool under pressure
- You're perceptive and flexible — able to work well independently with minimal direction or collaboratively with a team
- You're constantly looking for opportunities to improve both efficiency and quality of processes
- You're proactive, fun and hardworking with a positive outlook, even when you have a high volume of work on tight deadlines
- You have a bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, creative writing, advertising or a related field, and a minimum of 2 years of experience in copy editing and writing
- You've worked with Macintosh OS-X, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Familiarity with AP Style and SEO best practices
- Experience writing and editing for websites
- Experience working for or with creative agencies
- Experience with soft proofing systems and web-based work management tools
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Create customized postal and distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time.
Provide health and wellness solutions to transform the delivery of health care.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.