CopywriterApply Job ID 20394 Date posted Aug.. 20, 2021 Location Remote Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is seeking a Copywriter based out of our Chicago or Dallas offices. Primary role is developing and writing direct response marketing communication — from concepts to campaign execution — utilizing knowledge of the various styles & requirements of digital, social, print, point-of-sale, and sales collateral media. The Copywriter must have the ability to quickly turn concepts into written content combining an understanding the English language + creative + brand style + industry copywriting standards. Must have a proven ability to work with internal & external clients in assessing, understanding, and converting input into effective DM campaigns and communication.
- Excellent ability to write direct response marketing content for print and digital media
- Understand various consumer & persona segments and write integrated DM content across media — traditional, digital, social; B2B & B2C
- Writing / creative rationale to inform design development and concept presentation
- Demonstrate consistent quality and accuracy across all project work and communication
- Work closely across teams to gather & assess information for creative execution (copy & other content)
- Strong creative, strategic, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills to work with people at all levels, maintaining regular communication with both internal and client teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects — including gathering input, concepts, writing, and timely team handoffs, often with short timelines
- Gain approval from various stakeholders, including creative, account, client and legal teams
- Strong ability to gain creative consensus and presentation skills
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and accountability in supporting the creative product, your team, and the businesses
- 2-4 years Direct copywriting experience
- 4-year college degree or equivalent recommended
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English language) across multiple direct response marketing media — digital to print to social to broadcast/streaming
- Knowledge of the latest digital / social / video technology and communications
- Attention to detail and ability to proofread written work
- Knowledge of AP Style Guide, Chicago Manual of Style, or like manual, as well as digital best practices
- Strategic creative/conceptual background a plus
- Mac OS based hardware/software systems, particularly writing using MS Office software, etc.
- Basic understanding of remote connectivity to communicate from various locations
- Page Layout Software knowledge (Adobe InDesign) a plus
- Archiving and Backup Procedures
- DM writing portfolio samples requested.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.