Data Programming InternshipApply Job ID 22441 Date posted May. 10, 2022 Location Pewaukee, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
Data Programming Intern responsibilities include processing customer data, to help Quad Graphics print clients maximize postal discounts, achieve market strategies through highly personalized messaging/versioning to create output to support the Quad manufacturing platform.
In order to accomplish this the Data Programming Intern must be able to manipulate data using tools such as; list conversion applications, address hygiene, scripting applications, merge purge, and/or other variable data software using fixed and variable data formats.
Data Programming Intern must be self-motivated with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to multi-task, analyze, troubleshoot, and problem-solve complex list processing scenarios in a fast paced environment.
- Employee has basic knowledge of commonly used Data Processing software, services, and practices.
- Process designated accounts or projects as assigned by management.
- Consults with team members and service team to get answers to data related questions.
- Create finished output and supporting documentation for manufacturing and Variable Imaging.
- Analyzes customer data and instructions to determine if there are any questions
- Review quality of final product before release to Variable Imaging or production.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established processes to perform a variety of tasks pertaining to the job.
- Provide off hours/weekend support for a 24/7 manufacturing operation.
- Monitor account schedules and inform leadership team when concerns arise
- Prioritize, track, and maintain records of cost and schedules of multiple projects.
- Maintain technical competency and remain current in technology and changes within industry.
- Maintain account-specific workflow documentation.
- Follow established company and department QC and SOP standards.
Education: Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Mathematical Skills: Ability calculate numbers/fractions/decimals in all units of measure.
- Education in a computer related field preferred.
- Basic understanding of USPS guidelines for letter mail is helpful.
- Basic understanding of address validation, merge purge and postal presort using various tools.
- Basic understanding of if-then-else relational logic, scripting, and basic programming languages.
- PC Proficiency required.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Lync, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Effective English communication skills - verbal and written.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.