Digital Media DirectorApply Job ID 20457 Date posted Aug.. 30, 2021 Location Remote Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Director, Digital Media provides senior leadership to the team responsible for placing, confirming and monitoring digital media orders to ensure the clients’ advertising program is executed flawlessly. The successful Director provides a high level of media expertise to assigned accounts as the functional leader of the digital team, and by navigating the complexities of digital advertising to provide a seamless, accurate, and accountable media experience for internal and external clients. The Director provides ongoing communication, consulting, insight, analysis, and recommendations regarding digital media, including emerging trends. The Director is also responsible for identifying and developing the talent needed to function as a high-performing team.
- Lead teams responsible for launching and maintaining campaigns on behalf of media clients
- Develop / recommend / implement SOWs, compensation models and service pricing in line with departmental profitability goals; manage team to same
- Create and manage the development of media strategy and recommendations; participate in the development and presentation of client proposals
- Provide proactive POV documentation regarding important industry trends for key internal and external stakeholders
- Present and articulate the roles of different digital channels within a connections strategy to senior client executives
- Ensure infrastructure exists to facilitate digital campaigns with flawless execution of assigned media buys
- Primary focus on digital strategy, marketplace intelligence, and thought leadership for all client relationships
- Lead advancements in the analysis and interpretation of data trends and develop improvement solutions; educate executive stakeholders internally and externally on changes to marketplace conditions
- Collaborate with leadership and peers to develop solutions that will enhance our operational efficiency, tools, and systems, and improve current workflows
- Represent agency to senior vendor contacts to analyze value and applicability of media vehicles/tactics for plan consideration
- Participate in new business activities as assigned, including the development of RFP responses, proposals and presentations
- Effectively motivate, lead and train team members while fostering accountability and ownership; marshal resources, as necessary, to ensure work is completed accurately and timely
- Create, implement and support operational best practices across the team and within the department
- Support new client onboarding efforts as directed by Media Services leadership
- Bachelor’s degree (communications, marketing, advertising, or business)
- Minimum of 10+ years relevant work experience in digital media planning, buying or execution
- Understanding of digital media platform management tools. Experience with mentorship in Google Marketing Platform, Google Ads, The Trade Desk and Facebook Business Manager required
- Expert understanding and thought leadership of the role / importance of programmatic, paid social and paid search within a media plan
- Expert knowledge of the different ways digital media is bought, including deep experience with direct buying and vendor negotiations
- Expertise in identifying, forecasting, and formulating POV documents regarding emerging trends in the digital marketing / media ecosystem
- Strong analytical capabilities with aptitude for determining the optimal ways to setup, deliver, troubleshoot, and QA campaigns across entire digital team
- Passion for a purpose-driven, team oriented, client-first, cross-functional culture
- Possess a desire for excellence and a passion to succeed in a rapid-paced, deadline-committed environment where everyone is expected to be hands-on
- Ability to convert and implement client direction into insights and meaningful business impacts
- Superior oral and written communication skills with VP and C-suite executives internally and externally; focused on fostering strong, collaborative relationships
- High comfort level leading brainstorms and ideation, with an eye on follow-through and executional excellence
- Ability to articulate and implement leadership and management styles to provide structure to digital team for optimal success
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.