Director, Integrated Media PlanningApply Job ID 19602 Date posted May. 24, 2021 Location Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The primary responsibility of the Director, Integrated Media Planning is to ensure the superior performance of best-in-class media programs resulting from deep expertise across all paid channels. The successful Director, Integrated Media Planning strategically develops media plans that deliver against goals / KPIs and provides ongoing guidance for next-level strategies that lead to significant impact for the client’s business. The Director also leads a team of planners to support the growth, development and changing needs of the client business in light of a continuously evolving media landscape.
The Director, Integrated Media Planning fosters a positive and productive team culture, and forms the strong collaborative relationships, internally and externally, that steadily elevate the quality of thinking and ideas applied to each client’s business. The Director creates an environment that promotes personal and professional growth for team members and encourages loyalty, openness of opinion and constant curiosity. This position is remote.
- Work in collaboration with strategy, comms planning and creative teams to define media strategies that are integrated across moments / tactics and align with client campaign objectives
- Oversee media strategy, campaign creation, budget, optimization, and testing strategy(ies), as applicable, for full-funnel, multi-platform campaigns across all paid channels including television, radio, print, out-of-home, digital, social, and mobile media
- Leverage insights, learnings, and modeling to help determine the right channel mix and further bolster the data-informed portions of media plans
- Stay current with new advances in media, the competitive landscape, and vendor capabilities; leverage that knowledge to influence current and future business plans and strategies
- Drive media innovation, thought leadership, and best practice sharing throughout the department
- Participate in developing / nurturing relationships with media partners and technology companies to enable first-mover access, most competitive rates, and development of innovative programs
- Identify and lead prioritization of media projects to effectively manage workflow across assigned client portfolio
- Establish and share media best practices and benchmarks across teams; highlight opportunities to test, learn and optimize/evolve based on knowledge of customer insights, competitive media initiatives, new channels, and/or offerings by channel
- Assist or lead in the preparation and presentation of new business pitches as requested by supervisor
- Represent the agency’s mission, capabilities and goals accurately to assigned clients, business development prospects and other potential industry allies (i.e. vendors, peers, etc.)
- Review all marketing strategies/research for assigned clients as a “quality control” function
- Understand each client’s market, their challenges / opportunities and their competition
- Think strategically and tactically to meet client needs, to improve current services or to deliver new services
- Maintain contact with key industry associations and organizations
- Perform other responsibilities, as they are developed/defined
- 12 + Years of experience in strategy / planning for both traditional and digital media channels, with the provven ability to lead the media planning process across a portfolio of clients.
- 12+ years of experience in strategy / planning for both traditional and digital media channels, with the proven ability to lead the media planning process across a portfolio of clients
- 5+ years in a management or supervisory role
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with clients (including C-suite), vendors and all levels of the internal organization
- Ability to identify / recruit / retain top talent; experience positively managing personnel issues
- Proven quantitative and analytic capabilities; expertise in translating data into insights
- Proven ability to manage multiple, simultaneous short- and long-term projects
- Track record of demonstrating strong judgment and prioritization capabilities
- Ability to implement change quickly to support evolving / changing client initiatives or marketplace occurrences
- Working knowledge of third-party media research, including but not limited to: Nielsen, MRI, Scarborough, Kantar, DoubleClick, YouGov
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.