Director of Clinical QualityApply Job ID 18997 Date posted Mar. 15, 2021 Location Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The Director of Clinical Quality is responsible for coordination and oversight of the quality program with direct accountability for patient safety and quality of clinical care, treatment, and services provided. Collaborates across teams to maintain and continuously improve the quality of care delivery, in alignment with evidence-based medicine and standardized quality measures. Develops and oversees policies, practices and guidelines to ensure high quality care and prevention of potential risks. Serves as the subject matter expert (SME) for the scope of nursing care within the ambulatory setting.
- Manages quality function with processes and deliverables that are focused on indicators related to improved health outcomes and the prevention of medical errors and adverse events
- Manages quality strategy and leads quality department in all aspects related to clinical quality, patient safety, infection control, patient incidents, and accreditation
- Partners with operations and clinical leaders to plan strategy; improve quality systems/processes; serve as the voice of quality to clients; and provision sufficient support and resources for quality maintenance and improvement efforts
- Partners with the clinical leadership, operations team and others across the organization to proactively identify and monitor systems to achieve key clinical quality indicators within the health and wellness centers
- Oversees the investigations of clinical quality incidents for prompt resolution through multidisciplinary team strategies
- Develops process, quality control and outcome measures, which relate to the services provided by each department
- Directs measures to evaluate and ensure quality of clinical oversight for advanced practitioners assuring compliance with states’ scope of practice and collaborative practice requirements, and continual quality and process improvement
- Conducts activities and provides support to ensure continued organizational accreditation readiness
- Leads the team that develops, facilitates and maintains processes related to professional quality and peer review from a clinical perspective as applicable
- Actively supports the Professional Quality Review Committee and other clinical quality program-related committees, as well as to the clinical directors leading those committees
- Coordinates and attends medical staff meetings and other committee meetings as necessary, with accountability to deliver ongoing quality metric reporting to leadership
- Ensures completion of quality assessments and improvement projects, data and root cause analyses to identify clinical best practices and opportunities for improvement, etc. Presents recommendations to clinical leadership and operations
- Leads quality-related governance, committees and accreditation efforts
- Partners with operations, compliance, and clinical leadership to ensure quality standards are met by all clinical support staff (MA, LPN/LVN and RN) within the health and wellness centers
- Oversees partnership with stakeholders and vendors to deliver an effective patient satisfaction survey, including monitoring of trends and identification of improvement opportunities
- Leads and ensures development of population health initiatives that improve quality outcomes
- Develops quality department operating and capital budget
- Partners with the client-facing teams to assure timely and accurate data capture and analyses related to health and wellness centers quality reporting
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or equivalent required
- Minimum five (5) years of professional nursing experience in an ambulatory setting required.
- At least five (5) years of experience in ambulatory quality improvement, with expertise in data analytics
- At least three (3) years of experience in nursing administration or a comparable management position, preferably within the clinical quality function
- Leadership in professional quality and/or peer review required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- RN licensure required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess and demonstrate a high degree of leadership, organizational ability, and communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of fair and just culture framework as well as principles of high reliability organizations
- Knowledge of ancillary patient care management, policies, budgeting, protocols, quality measures, and personnel management is required
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.