Freelance Art DirectorApply Job ID 17360 Date posted Jul. 06, 2020 Location Remote Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
- The ability to design, create and direct engaging, action-oriented concepts and content for Direct Mail/Direct Marketing programs/campaigns.
- Ability to multi-task, juggling a multiple request and timelines
- Ability to understand persona-driven DM programs, and how it affects the creative concept development.
- Take creative direction from core team and handle projects from start to finish, large or small.
- Ability to provide creative direction/road maps for developed creative concepts.
- Ability to clearly & confidently communicate and present creative ideas and rationale.
- Use DM experience and best practices to inform design decisions and make visual recommendations to maximize response.
- Develop and maintain tight communication checkpoints through projects
- Coordinate with Creative Services , Client Services and Sales Teams as needed
- Track and manage time/tasks, which may require estimating
- Work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven field.
- Extensive experience developing creative DM content and graphic design
- Familiarity with data-driven DM programs, esp. the use of personas to test creative concepts
- Adobe Creative Suite proficiency with an emphasis on InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Outstanding graphic portfolio featuring DM creative samples
- Strategic Creative (conceptual) background a plus.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent.
- 7+ years of experience as an Art Director or Sr Designer working in a DM capacity.
- Experience using the latest virtual connectivity technology and communications.
- Efficient, deadline-driven and detail-oriented
- Communicative and works well in team environment
- Responds well to written and verbal instruction, including constructive criticism
- A successful candidate is someone who has spent a good portion of their creative career working in a DM agency or in the DM industry.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.