Freelance – Packaging Structural EngineerApply Job ID 13428 Date posted Apr. 26, 2019 Location Remote Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
- Design corrugated retail packaging die lines using existing packaging or product samples
- Source and/or produce sample structure prototypes from created die lines
- Use legally-owned CAD programs to create die lines per the job order specifications.
- Die line output must be in vector format and include: recommended material grades, processes, dimensions, and tolerances (including tape specs, glue area, folding instructions, etc.)
- Die lines must be right sized to product, and comply with customer/store specifications and structural load bearing requirements – Structures include but not limited to corrugate simple and complex boxes, window boxes and trays, product wraps, header and backer cards.
- Provide creative die line solutions with executional materials
- Receive, protect and ensure the safe return of product samples to and from Quad locations
- Bachelor Degree in Structural Package Design
- Knowledgeable in corrugate manufacturing process; ability to properly spec & utilize corrugate material into product packaging according to product size, weight and lifespan.
- Familiarity with Artios, Strata, Adobe Creative Suite required.
- 3+ years of CAD and ancillary systems or design related experience preferred.
- Understand input, output, raw material, waste, quality control, cost and techniques for maximizing the manufacture and distribution process of retail packaging.
- Knowledge of design techniques, principles, tools and instruments involved in the production and use of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and determine root cause.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Be able to perform work related functions requiring the ability preform simple math
- Ability to source and/or produce sample structure prototypes is beneficial.
- Familiar with paperboard carton production and processing is beneficial.
- Provide creative 3D creative drawing for presentation of die line for client approval
- Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate rush jobs.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.