Freelance Senior CopywriterApply Job ID 17362 Date posted Jul. 06, 2020 Location Remote Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
Quad is seeking an independent Sr. Copywriter to join our growing Direct Mail/Direct Marketing team in a freelance / contract role
The right Sr. Copywriter must have proven experience in developing motivational, thought-provoking copy for Direct Mail/Direct Marketing programs. They will collaborate with account managers, creative directors, art directors and graphic designers to develop written creative communication from concept to campaign execution. The Sr. Copywriter is also expected to have a keen ability to turn client needs into direct concepts and written content.This requires the ability to evaluate, understand and convert input into active direct response marketing communication utilizing copywriting standards and best practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with ability to write and effectively present ideas with verbal or written direction.
- Write integrated Direct Mail/ Direct Marketing content across a variety of media – traditional, digital, social – as well as business marketing & collateral.
- Use experience in DM industry and copywriting best practices to inform copy decisions.
- Develop conceptual direction for others to follow on a variety of projects/products.
- Demonstrate consistent quality and accuracy across all project work and communication.
- Work closely with SMEs/creative team to gather all pertinent information for project execution, (i.e., copy, images, assets, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal, strategic, creative, and problem-solving skills to work with people at all levels, maintaining regular communication with project teams.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to present rationale to gain group/team consensus from various stakeholders – creative, account, project management, and creative/project lead.
- Understand business objectives and demonstrate excellent decision-making skills.
- Coordinate with Creative Services, Client Services and Sales Teams as needed.
- Track and manage time devoted to task, including estimating for tasks.
- Work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven field.
- Extensive experience developing Direct Mail/Direct Marketing copy and creative content, and a solid portfolio featuring successful DM creative samples
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite products with an emphasis on InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- 4-year college degree or equivalent.
- 7+ years of experience as a Senior Copywriter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English language across multiple direct response marketing media – digital to print to TV / radio to social.
- Knowledge of the latest virtual connectivity technology and communications.
- Knowledge of AP Style / Chicago Manual of Style or like language-based manual.
- Strategic Creative (conceptual) background a plus.
A successful candidate is someone who has spent a good portion of their creative career working in a Direct Mail/Direct Marketing agency or in the DM industry.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.